Deck Plans VI: The Undiscovered Bowling Alley

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Captain Robert April, May 30, 2008.

1. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

In other words, they're about as authoritative as TOS itself. :D

A lot of this boils down to bouncing back and forth between putting together what's depicted on screen and putting together what works and looking up on screen references to justify it.

Fortunately, so many of the tech references are so all over the map that it's not hard to do, just as it's possible to justify Cary's version, or Aridas', of FJ's, for that matter. It's all a question of which parts to embrace and which to ignore.

2. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who's to say the captain didn't just move cabins at some point? That works perfectly well!

The tricky bit is fitting his cabin, Rand's cabin and a stretch of corridor into Deck 12 (usually a small amount of space in the dorsal!)

3. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that's the main reason (for me) that this location doesn't make sense, if it was just the referance to the deck level alone, we could fudge it as you suggest, but being it's compounded by the visual cues, it's probably best just to chalk it up to a mistake and ignore it altogether? Anyway, what are we to make of deck 3? It seems that we might as well give it over entirely to recreational facilities, perhaps with the fancy round rec room from season three in the middle w/other briefing room style rec/lounges surrounding it?

4. Mytran

Not to mention enough corridor for Bele and Lokai to chase each other around for 5 minutes!

5. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guess we can assume they circled a few rounds before entering the turbo lift again?

6. Mytran

Well those corridors do look awfully similar! ;)

7. Captain Robert April

Ever see the third season blooper reel? There's one bit where Bele and Lokai actually run into each other, then run in opposite directions (with a dubbed in "Hey, shmuck! It's this way!").

8. Captain Robert April

I'm wondering if a small technical section could be included in the Concordance.

At the very least, I think a size comparison chart is in order.

9. Mytran

I assume that comment relates to this thread?

10. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Reminds me of Julia Sawalha's line in the Doctor Who parody "Curse of Fatal Death":

"Doctor, all these corridors look the same."

11. Captain Robert April

Not really. Just thinking that a few technical diagrams might be in order, especially with so many more ships running around.

12. Mytran

Very true. On the plus side, it turned me on to the Concordance project, of which I wasn't previously even aware!

13. Captain Robert April

Well, there really hasn't been an official announcement yet, so it's not like you're out of the loop or anything.

14. Captain Robert April

Speaking of the Concordance, the submissions window is now open.

More info in the relevant thread....

15. Captain Robert April

Just need some nacelles on Shaw's cutaway and I can restart this mofo....

16. Mytran

Have you completed the layout for the Primary and Secondary hulls? There's no reason they'd be affected by the nacelles, no matter what their shape.

17. Captain Robert April

I'd rather wait until the whole thing is ready to dive into, since fitting the plans to the page is a part of the process.

18. Captain Robert April

Anyone want to poke Shaw and see what's up?