What would your perfect Stargate series look like?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Sephiroth, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

You get the chance to design a new Stargate series, what would it look like?

1 Go back to the Showtime tone, Wacky O'neill and Cliche villians were all right, but I liked the more serious tone of the Showtime years. We can do a wacky episode or two per season.

2 No "Next Generation" I'd set it just after season 8 with an alternate team

3 The main SG team would be a support team, they would technically be the "focus" but the nature of the team would allow for different teams that do different jobs.

4 2-words: Replicator Aphophis

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jennifer Keller would die in a terrible accident and I would have to comfort Rodney for the next 23 episodes.

Wait.. I can't do that. I can't be mean to Firefly people. I will selflessly allow her to live, but trapped in the past. After the 23 episodes of comfort and hard work to try and get her back from the past a message from Jennifer will be sent to Rodney via cleverness and future knowledge on her part telling him she is old now, she has had a good life, and to let her go. And he will do so, thanks to ME.

There will be some cool Dr. Keller episodes in the past too.

And yes, Replicator Apophis should feature every other week :techman:

3. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

It would be on HBO.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

It probably wouldn't sell well, but, I'd like to see a Series set back in Egyptian times, with The Goauld at the height of their power on Earth, and the "Heroes" of the show would be rebellious Humans and/or an SG Team from the Present being trapped in the past, having to be careful not to step on Butterflies. And, of course, you could work in the other Goauld Mythologies as well as the Egyptians. (Somewhat similar to Moebius)

I also think it would be really cool to see a Series set at the height of The Ancients power, with their City-Ships and ZPMs at full power.

A little bit of grit and serious tone would be cool, but, need to also insert the humor to break up the grimness, and I don't want every character to be detestable and constantly unable to get along with each other and constant grimness that makes you want to slit your wrists. I want it to be serious, but, enjoyable and fun, more like the tone of DS9 or B5, rather than NuBSG. Inter-personel conflict is fine on some level, but, SGU S1 just took it way too far, to where the fighting was about all that happened. I'm even fine with a character or two being hated, but, not the entire cast.