Watching Enterprise again....

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Gingerbread Demon, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Currently doing my 3rd run of the series. It's fun..

Vanishing Point was one episode I skipped and I do have to ask was that stuff really a hallucination for Hoshi or did something really happen to her? I got the feeling they left that rather ambiguous so that we the viewers could make our own minds up on the episode..

And Future Tense.. That's another one. Ignoring the obvious fan service of a Trek style TARDIS like ship it's a great episode.

I do wonder why the Tholians were so hot to trot and wanted the ship as badly as the Suliban.

And there's the mirror universe episodes to come in season 4. I loved those. Weren't the Tholians also in those episodes as well? I seem to remember we saw them at least twice in the series..

Anyway having fun..

2. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

Yes, the Tholians were in the Mirror episodes.

And as for Future Tense, I got the feeling that the Tholians were somehow involved in the Temporal Cold War, perhaps being one of the "factions" that were mentioned though never specifically named. But, since the Temporal Cold Wat was one of those plots that were poorly handled, not addressed properly, and then abruptly dropped/resolved, I figured the Tholian involvement was just going to be one of those unexplained details to which we will never have a satisfactory answer.

Though, back to the Mirror eps...their involvement was pretty cool!

3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I like to think that the Tholians from both universes were aware of each other and coordinated efforts between universes...

TOS never went into them in much detail so I was glad Enterprise gave us more to think about in regards to them.

Much like DS9 left the Breen a total mystery much to my disappointment.

4. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just finished watching the whole series again. The first time was when it aired and I missed several back then. I remember thinking Scott Backula's acting was terrible but on this second time around, I think he did really well. His constant pacing back and forth while talking or giving a speech wasn't as annoying this time. I'm still really impressed with Jolene Blalock and having just watched TNG and DS9 her catsuit that everyone was freaking out about wasn't really out of the ordinary for Star Trek.

Onto the bad: The first couple of seasons I hated Trip Tucker. Yeah, he's a nice guy and everything but he was so racist to T'Pol that it really bugged me. He jumped down her throat every chance he could get and never gave her the benefit of the doubt. There were so many cringe worthy moments with T'Pol and the decon chamber and other things. But I noticed this time that they gave the men equal time with showing off their bodies as they did T'Pol.

Overall, I came out with a better point of view about Enterprise. I can understand what they were trying to do with the last episode and I really liked the concept, but as most of us complained, we should have seen just the Enterprise crew on their last mission, not just pieces of it.