Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Not a fan of Gilgamesh the Unknown?

Rage should be getting close to his 21st birthday soon.

Oh, or was it Triathalon who sucked the hardest?

Deathcry?

D-MAN! The homeless Avenger!

2. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Much depends upon who's writing, who's editing, and in what frame(s) of mind.

What I see so far, it intrigues me.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would assume that the "All New, All Different Avengers" book will be stemming out of events from "Secret Wars" and the new look Marvel Universe given the line up involved.

I'm guessing it'll be G. Willow Wilson or Remender on the book...or Hickman will continue with a brand new multiple character roster (the revealed characters) . Everyone in a Hickman roster is usually their for a purpose.

4. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wilson has said she's not writing this one.

5. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Seanan McGuire might be available. True, her ambitions are focused on the X-Men for now, but who knows?

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The line-up for the All New All Different Avengers as we know the roster so far, some of which is speculation, but likely correct, sounds like a New Warriors lineup or Young Avengers.
    As a group is way too inexperienced at the important big things. This is why groups like New Warriors exist. Some speculation is that Doom is the center silhouette which sounds like an AXIS inversion thing and/or Osborne/Dark Reign thing going on.

7. Fist McStrongpunch

Vision and Nova confirmed.

8. Admiral_Young

I'm not sure that Doom would be part of this team given the recent reveal from "New Avengers" and given his larger part in "Secret Wars". I like the speculated/confirmed line up. Feels like a new "Avengers" team to me and we have absolutely no other real info about it IMO to dismiss it as an actual marque team.

9. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The new direction is independent of Hickman whose apparently not going to be around after Secret Wars so definitely no Doo.

10. Admiral_Young

Yeah I thought this was something different altogether. @House of UIster...any thoughts as to the creative team? Can't really tell based on the roster so far. I'd toss in Charles Soule, but he's already doing a bunch of things for them.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I find it kind of ironic that Marvel seems to be embracing legacy heroes like Falcon/Cap, Kamalah Khan/Ms. Marvel, and Miles Morales/Spider-Man while DC seems to have been moving away from theirs to focus on the original characters (or at least Silver Age).

12. Admiral_Young

^ That's another great point @JD. I dunno I get why some fans would not be so excited for this but I'm very curious and interested.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

New Avengers #32. Another four star affair. This concluding act to Hickman's Avengers opus has just absolutely amazing.

The Multiversal Avengers sacrifice all their lives to defeat two Beyonders. And then a hundred show up and finish them off. Beautiful stuff. I especially love the bromance of Hyperion and Thor. Thor finally becomes worthy again... which means he can't use the unworthy hammer anymore at the worst possible moment!

I noticed that Thor had TWO robotic arms here. Did we see him losing the second one yet?

Though I'm left wondering how much of this is going to be hand-waved away. I can see Nightmask, Starbrand, Ex Nihilo, Abyss, and Hyperion all dying. But obviously Thor isn't going to die for reals.

I'm guessing Doom as Rabum Alal will be the one to save the day and defeat the Ivory Kings. Will he manage to undo all these deaths? Or just Thor's?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  14. Hound of UIster

What you are saying is entirely false though. DC did try and emphasize their legacy heroes. The entire young justice was all about the legacy type heroes and no one read it and most of it got cancelled. Should DC be blamed for not publishing books that don't sell at all?

As for emphasis on Silver Age characters. I'd just point the perennial Silver Age characters like Adam Strange, Hawkman and Atom don't even have their ongoings. So DC is certainly not putting emphasis on Silver Age unless your definition of Silver Age is all characters that were there before the 80s (or 90s).

I'd rather say that DC is putting more emphasis on more off the beat titles from their library such as Prez (as the titular example) post-convergence and emphasizing less on specific properties and more on creators.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was just talking about the stuff being published now and in the near future.
    Most of the legacy heroes were reset back to the original version (or Silver Age version) once the New 52 started.
    By Silver Age, I just meant Barry Allen rather than Wally West, Hal Jordan in the main Green Lantern book, Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, ect.

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The All-New Avengers just doesn't interest me at all. :(

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'd bet on an adjective-less Avengers title having a more classic lineup. wonder if Uncanny Avengers will be back post Secret Wars?

18. Fist McStrongpunch

We have the rest of the info. Iron Man, Falctain, and Miles Morales. Writer is Mark Waid.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Superior Iron Man or regular Iron Man?

The good times can't be over already. :(

20. Hound of UIster

Uncanny probably though some speculate Remender will be taking over X-Men after Bendis, but it seems the lineup in All-New Avengers is the "classical" lineup it's that Cap is out of action and Jason Aaron is trying his best at writing Thor as an asshole so no one is using him.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015