Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

yeah, the original true Red Skull hasn't been seen since "Captain America Rebirth" when his massive robot form was destroyed in DC and he woke up in an Arnim Zola body. This is just a clone from WWII who just woke up. Which is an odd choice; why not use the real one?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Less Personal failure.

At least that was the reason used when Kristoff became Doom who cancelled the Memory/personality download of Doom into his brain from the stored files at the point of Fantastic Four #6 when he sent the Baxter building into Space.

(John Byrne is crazy!)

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

She-Hulk by Charles Soule is cancelled, issue #12 is the end.

I'm not surprised. I dropped it at issue #3. I found both the story uninteresting, Dooms son seeking asylum and/or emancipation from Victor and the art to to my liking. The art was just horrid for me.

Elektra, Storm and Ghost Rider are likely on the clock.
    Meanwhile Gamora and Squirrel Girl are waiting in the wings.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

"She-Hulk" has been a fan favorite...I'm guessing sales as well as Soule's increasing workload are justifications for it going. "Gamora" and "Squirrel Girl" just were announced so I'm not sure why you're writing them off so soon. "Storm" has been excellent, Pak is doing a great job.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i like She Hulk but i wasn't a fan of this volume. i kept reading for Hellcat.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I enjoy She-Hulk. The only issues where I didn't care for the art were the two that had the guest artist.

7. Guy Gardener

The stories were fine, but yes the art in She-Hulk is vexing.

8. Captain Craig

Waiting in the wings...that's not writing them off.
    It's a turn of a phrase like saying "on deck", meaning that they are just the next female series at bat once She-Hulk and likely Elektra or Storm gets cancelled.

I couldn't get into Storm but tried for 2 issues. She's just never been a solo character for me. With X-Men or T'Challa she's a great a co-lead. Maybe I'll try the trade later.

But to the point, I wasn't writing off Gamora or Squirrel Girl, hope I cleared that up at least.

9. Admiral_Young

Sorry I misread the statement. LOL. I thought you were lumping them in with the books that had been cancelled. Not anticipating their releases.

10. Captain Craig

I'll give Gamora at least 2-3 issues like I do with any series that looks worthy of a try out. It is her first ever ongoing and she's someone I've liked since Infinity Watch days.

Squirrel Girl is not a character I'm interested in. Indifference seems the fairest thing to say. I hope her fans enjoy it, It's just not on my list of tryouts.

I thought Elektra was pretty good. Read the first 5 issues and decided to go the trade route for the duration cause I wanted to try Guardians 3000(only so much monthly budget $) + I want to sample the Spiderwoman(Jessica Drew) series. Dropping Q&W at Valiant for that.

11. Admiral_Young

What is going to be interesting to see is what becomes of the Ultimate Universe as I believe everything but Miles book has been cancelled now. With the crossover in All Meh and Miles featured prominently on the "Secret Wars" banner I'm guessing the long rumoured and put off cancellation of the UU will happen and Miles will be brought into 616 on a permanent basis.

12. Guy Gardener

There's no reason Miles can't be the entire Ultimate Universe like Peter was once upon a time.

13. Captain Craig

I've never cared for the Ultimates universe, any of the characters. The re-created Ultimate Nick in 616 as Junior to align with the film, which borrowed from SLJ's approval for the Ultimate Nick imagery. You'd have thought they would just bring that Nick over but they didnt', just re-created him.

616 is a bit full on Spider themed characters is it not?
    Spider-man(Parker)
    Venom in GotG
    Scarlet Spider in New Warriors
    Spider-man 2099
    Spider-woman (Jessica Drew) ongoing coming
    Silk ongoing coming
    Spider-Gwen ongoing coming

I don't see where tossing Miles into 616 differentiates things. I agree they probably will cause he's by far the most popular thing to come out of the Ultimates line. Where do you put him? How do you make him unique and stand out in a 616 already crowded with Spider themed characters?

14. Admiral_Young

It all depends on what Bendis wants to do with him and his supporting cast. I can see the solo title continuing on it's own and other characters making guest appearances. I just don't see Bendis killing off his baby, and there is always room for multiple Spiders, "Spider-Verse" is proving that.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

She-Hulk is my favorite Marvel character, but this volume has just been ok from a story perspective, and horrible from an art perspective. The guest artist issues are legitimately some of the worst art I've ever seen in a comic, with only Frank Miller's TDK Strikes Again possibly being worse. Soule was doing a decent job on the story, but honestly it was probably a bit too focused on her practicing law. The book needed a regular artist who didn't look like a cheap rip off of the already mediocre David Aja (seriously, the regular She-Hulk art looks like bad Hawkeye art to me) and probably a bit more excitement with the story. I wish Peter David or even Dan Slott would go back on a She-Hulk book. I like Soule's work, but even with better art I don't quite think his writing was as successful as his other work.

16. Guy Gardener

Is Speedball finally in a good place where he can be receptive to Squirrel Girl's advances?

(Last time she made a play for him in a Valentines day Special, Robbie was Penance.)

Did she show up at Wolverine's funeral?

They had a very intense "undocumented" relationship at one point.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well, Wolvie and Squirlie are both furries. Err, furry.

18. Guy Gardener

If I was Jim, I'm not sure if I'm more worried about what she's going to do with that tail, or If I should be more worried about her telepathic link with all the local squirrels simulcasting the pleasure I'm giving her to the proximate scurry.

19. Admiral_Young

20. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

People have been talking about the end of the Ultimate Universe not long after it began.
    :lol:

Of course, an ending of one thing could be a beginning of another thing...