Heroes 3x19 "Shades of Gray" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Mar 9, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

8.8%
  2. Above Average

47.4%
  3. Average

28.1%
  4. Below Average

5.3%
  5. Poor

10.5%
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I jerked myself into a coma because of all the midget tottie walking around in the Wizard of OZ a couple years back so I've just about had my fill of women tettering at the 5 foot mark.

She tiny and useless.

2. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guy, your posts are always amusing reads even when I dont always understand them. :lol:

anyway I liked that one bit in Villains when Nathan head rammed the Haitian's bro into the car. Pretty cool for a guy who's supposed to have a lame power. Id love to see him do more stuff like that.

yeah, imagine how cool this show would be in the hands of people who can do action tv well...

3. Guy Gardener

Why thank you. :)

When you were little, did you ever have a plastic ruler from your school kit, and idly rake it across concrete during lunch, until you'd filed an edges off and you're left with a picket?

Imagine Nathan filing down someones head to a nub while propelling the two of them 300 mph skin dancing the surface of a skyscraper using a similar enough principle?

Hell even if he's just dropping people on people from 1400 feet up, the SOB could take out an army in a matter of minutes, but we still don't know how he protects himself while flying because as dangerous as a bird strike might be, it does seem a little girly to explain a missing limb because he bumped into a pigeon.

4. melancholymecha

see now we're talking...
    its like this one issue of Uncanny X-Men where they gave Angel a blowtorch...suddenly he became lethal.

its so obvious that none of the Heroes writers have ever picked up a comic book...

I think a one armed Nathan could be badass. :alienblush:

5. Guy Gardener

But if you shoot the wound and the missing appendage both up with his daughters blood and... Two Nathans. :)

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Whoever Nathan is carrying can stab and wound and shoot him, though. So he couldn't take out an army.

7. melancholymecha

oh eeeww, now Im getting memories of when Claire cut off her toe & everyone here was debating whether a new Claire would grow out of the old toe. >_<

which reminds me we havent seen a Multiple Man type character yet...

8. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was a Multiple Man in one of the webcomics. The Company drugged him and hooked him up to machines to force him to make an endless supply of duplicates whom they used as expendable agents, there was a big multi-part storyline about an attempt to rescue him.

The webcomics are, by far, superior to the tv series.

9. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course. When you don't have to worry about ratings or SFX budgets, you can be as creative as you want. You might have to worry about the occasional editor, but that's about it.

10. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nor should "Endgame" be used for yet another finale or "Countdown" be used for any type of episode that leads up to a bigger event.

11. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So concerning Sylar's ability. Is it possible that since he has demonstrated empathic mimicry that this is his natural ability. And perhaps he absorbed his father's intuitive aptitude and the overiding "hunger" makes Sylar think that that power is his natural ability.

12. hyzmarca

It is possible, but I like to think that it is more likely that Arthur gave him that power using his ability transfer ability in order to better control him. It would make more sense. Of course, Heroes hasn't made sense for some time now.

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^We have never seen any evidence that Arthur could give people powers. He wouldn't have needed the formula if he could.

14. hyzmarca

Shuffling around a finite number of powers is very different from creating entirely new powers. He'd still need the formula, because his intent was to give powers to everyone.

15. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

He had no ability to give anyone powers. At best, he had a greater understanding of Sylar's intuitive aptitude than Sylar did. Sylar only believed that he had to kill a person to take their power because that's what worked for him the first time.

Killing them is more expedient, though.

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about "Shades of Erin Gray" as a title?