Terminator Salvation: Trailer Two Released

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I agree on electronic dependency, but not so much on the point that all delay would be easier. If Skynet is supposed to be incredibly intelligent, it should develop things (like time travel) faster than humans ever could.

There's also other factors like reduction of nuclear arsenals and increase in population against them.

2. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy crap. I just read up on Terminator: Salvation at IMDB.com and I see that Shawn Ryan wrote the screenplay. He went to my high school and graduated a few years ahead of me. He's a damned good write as you can see from his credits. Anyone who could excel in Mrs. Johnson's English and Composition classes is definitely someone with creative talent.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Nolan already said that they were told they could change the timeline to fit their own needs for the purpose of the story. That included ignoring events from the previous films.

4. Ryan8bit

Eh, that sounds terrible. I'm probably too much of a nerd for caring about continuity.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I care too, but, for some reason, I'm not as continuity concerned with this as I am Trek XI.

6. Ryan8bit

Star Trek XI seems like it's supposed to be an alternate timeline though. Like if there's a problem with continuity, hopefully that explains it away (although that's cheap). I'm not sure how TS is going to explain the rapid advances of technology and Marcus.