Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

If we should have learned anything about this production and it's history, it's that we should take every piece of news about it with a grain of salt. If they want to spend their time here in speculation about the third and likely never to be made episode, who does it really hurt? We appear to have plenty of time...

2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Who are "they"?

Besides, it's not one post, he's posting repeatedly, which is against the rules.

3. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not like he's drowning out the updates.

4. DestinyCaptain

By they, I meant the back and forth on that topic. I haven't followed it that closely, but at one point there was a discussion going on. I don't give a crap either way. One thing that does bug me a little is when topics meander on an essentially stagnant thread and someone comes along and complains that the thread needs to get back on topic. No one is being forced to come here and participate. If the thread has nothing that interests you because the active posters of the moment are engaged in a discussion that you couldn't care less about, just wait it out.

A perfect example of this is what I have been doing. I check in here everyday. I skim what was posted. If the posts are long and I don't see any key words that interest me, I close the thread and move on. I do that A LOT on these boards. No big deal. If the individual or individuals that are participating are happy to do so, who am I to come in and complain about?

Maurice, you essentially hold all the cards now. If you choose to share anything with us, it's entirely up to you. If you choose to scrap the project, it's up to you. The fact that ANYONE bothers to come in here to check to see what is happening is a testament to their affection for this project.

Anywho... I am off to find something interesting to read about or discuss. I'll check back tomorrow to see if there is any news on progress. If there is, it will we a sweet treat. If not...no biggie.

5. Maurice

Just to be clear, it's not up to me to scrap the project. I could stop working on it and that would mean...I stop working on it. There are several others back working on it now, so it's not just me. I just carried it through a period where no one else had time.

However, my point is that what's being posted is neither about the OT nor is it following board guidelines about numbers of posts/spamming. But I'll leave it to T'Bonz to decide if it's a problem.

6. DestinyCaptain

Fair enough... Sorry if I misspoke.

7. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The ATLANTIS INVADERS, V.2

Upon reconsideration, I've asked the moderator to remove my posts from yesterday. A big thank you to the Johnson Brothers, and please keep on bringing your creation to life...

8. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Re: The ATLANTIS INVADERS, V.2

"Fan Fiction" would be perfect.

9. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Maurice, Thanks for your work on this project. Is it about time for another frame or picture from your efforts?

10. Maurice

Sorry, I'm sticking by this for now. Saying anything just leads to endless cycles of "are we there yet" and cries that it'll never happen, so I'd rather say nothing except that we're working on it.

11. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

There's some behind the scenes footage of Maurice in the shower. Here.

12. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Warning for trolling. Here.

Removed the story posts. Sorry I missed this. Don't ask. I don't know what was going on that I missed so many posts in a row. I read every post in here. :confused:

13. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Sorry, I'm sticking by this for now. Saying anything just leads to endless cycles of "are we there yet" and cries that it'll never happen, so I'd rather say nothing except that we're working on it.[/QUOTE]

:techman: OK, I'm Jake with that.... I will wait with bated breath :drool:

14. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

Are we there, yet?

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

We're somewhere north of the galactic plane, out in the halo. We're way off the map.

16. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay....

Are we there yet? :D

17. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Wow, you're right, while we were waiting we've somehow drifted into Tressaurian space. T'Boo really was asleep. Welcome to Tressauria Robert. Can I take your bags? We have something exquisite on the menu for lunch today - you, I'm afraid.

18. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

T'Boo has had a busy/rough few months IRL.

19. Maurice

[​IMG]

And, no, I won't tell you what this means/is for. :)

20. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Another TSA parody?