Unpopular Trek Opinions — What Are Yours?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Michael, Mar 22, 2010.

1. hgfggg

hgfggg Ensign Newbie

Am i the only one who thinks that generations was bad and good at the same time?

2. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Sort of like Star Trek V. Many screenplays and novels are well written and directed for movies but just have lame ideas. Generations had half an idea - Brannon's nexus and good character writing by Moore.

3. Luther Sloan

Luther Sloan Captain Captain

Capt Jimbo:

Yeah, one of my buddies feels the same way about Sisko. I actually don't see it personally. But I thought the acting on Enterprise was just cringe worthy, though. Totally awful. Especially from Scott Bakula.

But that's just me.

I should encourage you to check out the Tuvix thread in Voyager. But I am trying to leave the debate because it isn't going anywhere (like most debates).

I will have to watch that one again.

Yeah, I thought was pretty fitting, too.
    I actually liked the score a lot, as well.

4. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I made a poll about Bajorans in the DS9 forum... http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=119051 Apologies, Volvic, it seems that your opinion is more unpopular after all! :)

Or maybe the results would be very different if I created the topic in the General Discussion?

5. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

the Way of the Warrior was the best ever DS9 episode. Far Beyond the Stars was overrated.

6. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Nothing about it appeals. I dont like the visual aspects of the show, I dont really like the characters, none of the actors (apart from maybe Nimoy) do anything for me.

Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. I like the odd Voyager episode too. The politcal setting and general galactic setup in Enterprise interested me, but the show itself didnt.

7. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. Star Trek Voyager's second season was one of its best, with some of the best stand alone episodes and the best character arc and build-up to the season finale.

2. Benjamin Sisko is a very unlikeable Trek captain.

8. Volvic

Volvic Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Glad to hear it! :p

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, at least you enjoy what I personally consider the classics. While I will always love TOS because it's the one I grew up with, and it's a good show, TNG and DS9 are my most favorites, and as far as I'm concerned, those two are the standards by which the rest of them are measured. And unfortunately, Voyager and Enterprise, didn't.

10. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

Faith of the Heart and its montage are cool and I think Enterprise has the best opening credits of all the Trek shows. Voyager's and DS9's are snooze fests. At least TOS and TNG had exciting music. IMHO Enterprise's is the best.

11. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I actually don't mind TNG's "Up The Long Ladder."

12. RandyS

I'm the opposite. I think DS9 had the best opening theme, until they jazzed it up. And Enterprise had the worst opening theme, until they jazzed it up. Then it was complete crap.

13. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh well. To each their own. I guess I found it interesting because it was the only opening with lyrics and it showed the past, present and plausible near future of human exploration and technology.

14. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

Visually I thought it was great. The main problem I think most people have with it is that a cheesy 1980's sounding rock ballad just really didn't fit. You've got a show set in the 22nd century, with a theme song that sounds like a very dated 1980's tune.

That's how I see it anyway. I must admit though that after I watched the show and really began to appreciate it, the song didn't bother me anywhere near as much. I still think that the classical approach is the best way to go. There isn't a more timeless form of music, and it just always seems appropriate.

15. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TMP is one of the three best Trek movies.

Spock's Brain is a really fun episode.

Threshold isn't good, but it aint all that bad either.

Most Ferengi episodes are really pretty good(DS9 only though)

Seven of Nine had a nice rack(I don't care what anyone says that is my belief and I am sticking to it.)

16. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

You know she was in a padded costume right? Have you seen Jeri Ryan in any other TV shows, all the prime female character on Voyager (maybe not Kes) had their boobies enhanced with foam rubber and bags of bird seed. Bird seed gives a girl that little "bounce," not that I know about that personally.

For a woman with the size of chest that Seven had, her boobs never moved quite right, especially when she would turn around suddenly, there should have been some "lag time" with Seven's special Borg enhancements.

17. Cheapjack

Cheapjack Fleet Captain

That Seven of Nine shouldn't even have had boobs!

Why would a drone have them? They're redundant to a drone. I'm not complaining though.

18. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

The females weren't the only ones on Trek to receive "enhancements" with their customs. Several male characters had padded chests and shoulders.

19. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Yeah, picard and Riker beefed up considerably between Seasons 2 and 3...

20. RandyS

Oh now I get it. So, you weren't referring to that insipid song? If we're discussing visuals, then I agree, Enterprise's opening sequence was good.