Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Difficult to tell, because it was just shown on the small screens from far away, but I think it's a woman in a bikini lying on the beach or so:

[​IMG]

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

With Hammond's reaction, I don't think so.

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, after the slight ribbing Clarkson got on Have I Got News For You because apparently he doesn't believe in Global Warming, I decided to check out the show just for kicks... I mean, I don't care about cars in any meaningful way so the show just doesn't interesting me, but the way he tore down the Prius was just hilarious. I can just imagine environmentalists declaring him an idiot in angry letters. :lol:

4. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Well, unless there's an HD version of Top Gear somewhere, I don't think I'll be able to make a better guess.

Oh yeah, Clarkson doesn't give a shit about the environment - no car can be too powerful and fast for him, and speedlimits/traffic laws/etc. are all rubbish for him obviously. ;)

5. Bob The Skutter

I kinda think that was the point... :lol: But now it has me wondering what was so bad they couldn't show it.

6. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, just finished the episode and now I guess I get the appeal... the weird shit they do near the end. I guess my indifference toward cars makes the rest of the show kind of boring, but it's that "Mythbusters" tomfoolerly that makes it interesting.

I'm honestly curious to see how the American and Australian versions of the show will work. Well, more the American version I suppose.

7. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably a tranny with the balls hanging out the bikini bottom or something.

The great thing about top gear is, you dont even have to like cars, or be that interested in them.

Its just three grown up kids messing around with big toys, and thats all it needs to be.

8. Bob The Skutter

Yep, that's the appeal of the show. I didn't watch it for years for the same reason firehawk12 stated.

9. Captain Brylcream

Captain Brylcream Commander Red Shirt

I thought the police cars were brilliant, couldn't stop laughing when James May played his Ice Cream van siren - although they messed up the continuity, after Hammonds stinger fell off during their timed lap, the next scene showed him driving through towards the line with the tyre and mats still attatched neatly - other than that though is was spectacularly funny.

10. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ahhh, I get it now. Thanks.

It may be rubbish, but because its British it just seems a lot more clever than something we'd come up with here in the states. :)

11. Bob The Skutter

Well you'll be getting your own version later this year, on NBC.

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Man that was a brilliant ep. :D I'm really glad the guys are back.

Oh yeah, that thing they showed on their telly was probably a photo some kid took of Jeremy while he was on vacation.

13. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm so pleased to see the lads back. So, Stig's given up binge drinking now it's up to £1.18 a litre. Poor Stig! :lol:

14. Bob The Skutter

The Fantastic (or maybe Rubbish) Top Gear Stunt Man is a nice addition to the team.

15. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought that was the worst segment of the show. It felt tacked on, and much like they couldn't think of a good stunt to do.

Hopefully Top Gear Stuntman gets "killed" like Black Stig did. :devil:

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, it wasn't a fan of the stunt segment either. It felt like something done on Fifth Gear.

17. Bob The Skutter

Wasn't the best segment, but at least now they can do even more stupid stuff. :lol:

18. Hitman

Hitman Vice Admiral Admiral

May: There goes a member of the criminal classes. :lol: And Jeremy took another swing at the Prius, after the review he did a few years ago.

19. Bob The Skutter

Well early ratings are in, and Top Gear got 6.1m viewers despite the footie.

20. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Even with out the footie that good for bbc2.
    i think the highest rated show on bbc2 was a red dwarf ep at 9m but i could be wrong.
    I wonder if bbc 1 will try to steel it.