Grimm (NBC) Season 1 Discussion *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was there something wrong with the lead in RL?

It's wierd when they give the supportings that much room to breathe.

I thought I hated this series, turns out it''s just the lead that rubs me the wrong way.

Maybe he can stay bedridden for the rest of the season?

The unborn baby in his wife gives her "Grimm" powers?

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

that so cool now maybe she'll confront him about the monster people. I thought last night episode was fantastic actual charcter developement all the way around. and I love that shot gun.

3. js

js Captain Captain

Sigh. I like this show, but it REALLY needs to step up its game. I find myself looking at the clock way too often while it's on wondering when it will be over. :(

I started watching the show because of Sasha Roiz. He's a percentage of why I'm still hanging in there, but the rest is all Monroe - an awesome character trapped in a mediocre show.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling that there's something to be revealed about the Asian cop - either he's a critter or (more likely) another Grimm (who says they all need to be white? :D)

I agree this show needs to step up its game. Just look at Once Upon a Time, getting much better ratings. Okay, partly that's because it's on ABC, and not on Friday night, but I can't help also noticing that it isn't dependent on any sort of TV formula. That gives it more creative freedom.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

6. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the Asian cop, and that they have recurring characters like that. If the show continues, he's the perfect character to expand on.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yeah Reggie Lee is great...hope they do more with Sgt. Wu. :)

8. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I saw one episode and liked it, but kept forgetting it was on so now I am total lost. I will buy it on DVD though

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I didn't know Seth Rogen did TV

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I like that they sidelined Nick and let Monroe (the best character on the show) be the hero of the episode.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

They also made sure Nick showed plenty of chest for the ladies in the audience. Don't hospitals give patients gowns anymore? :rommie:

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked this episode alot. It was alot of fun getting to see Monroe save the day.
    I am really starting to wish he would tell his partner about what he is and what he does. I really like the show how it is, but I think it could be even more fun if Hank knew what was going on, and they didn't have to keep hiding things from him. But then again I've never liked it when they do that kind of stuff on these shows, it drove me just as crazy on shows like Buffy, and Smallville.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

She doesn't know about any "monster" people.

And yeah, considering how much of the detective work Sgt. Wu does, he needs a promotion.

14. Nerd unRage

Nerd unRage Commander Red Shirt

Especially since his partner seems pretty cool and open-minded. For some reason, ever time I see Hank, I think Dr. Dre.

15. Enterprise is Great

They really do need to let Nick's partner in on him being a Grimm. They could solve cases and catch the creatures more effectively than Nick going behind his partner's back all the time.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

New ep Tonight! "Of Mouse And Man"
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJW_TDUhIV0[/yt]

Grimm 1x09 - "Of Mouse and Man" Promo (HD)

Another ep with MICE?!?! :lol: :p I will be watching this live hopefully. :bolian:

17. Enterprise is Great

I'd like to see more of the creature community. So far nearly all the monsters have been typical baddies of the week. Surely not all the creatures are criminals or violent.

How many episodes left this season?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  18. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It'll be a full 22 episode season. We're only at number 9.

19. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Generally, I'm enjoying this show, even though it's not the type of show I typically watch. However, the one thing that kind of mystifies me is that nine episodes in, and I have no read on who the main character is. Honestly, I didn't even know the Grimm guy's name was Nick until reading this thread. He just seems kind of a cipher, not particularly emotive or distinctive. Or interesting. He obviously cares about his job, and his girlfriend, and learning about his Grimm-nocity, but otherwise, who is this guy? Perhaps that's the plan - make him totally locked down and show how his destiny draws him out and defines him.

All the supporting characters are great, and of course the Blutboden guy is the scene-stealer. I suppose there may be a bit of the TNG approach: make the lead(s) as vanilla as possible so that the wacky supernatural creature characters are a bit more believable. Still, if this show makes it to year two, I'd like to see what they're going to do with Nick.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

So 2 weeks until the next new ep... :sigh:

This ep was okay...so Lawyer guy tries to "snake" creepy mouse dude's girl and gets whacked. :lol: It is not easy being Grimm's friend but Monroe seems up to the task...this is why he is great. I really don't want Nick to lie to Juliette because he wants to "keep her safe"...too much like SMALLVILLE...he needs to break it to her sooner rather than later before things get too crazy and it makes her look like an idiot to keep believing lies from someone who is suppose to love her. :shrug: