Re-booting TNG For TV?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Jetfire, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Yeah a new series has no room for error. :sigh:

[edit] It sucks any show has the pilot and maybe 2-3 eps to be a "hit" or it is gone...no time to grow. Depending on the network a show just has the pilot to be a "hit" or it is gone. :rommie: :(

2. Johnnymuffintop

Johnnymuffintop Commander Red Shirt

I may be coming into this a little late, but here's my two cents:

If TNG gets a reboot, I'd prefer it to be still within the JJverse. However as much as I'd like to see a tv show in order to have LOTS of it, I think films are the way to go. Simply because it can maintain the visual standard made by the first film.
    Additionally, if we wait to do films, say... 10 years (with a TOS era film ever other year) who would we possibly have as cast...
    I foresee one rather logical casting choice of Tom Hardy as Picard. Technically he's already played him once, we KNOW he can act, and around that time he's getting a little closer to the appropriate age of Picard.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I think one would need to be Data or Spock to calculate the odds of Hardy returning to the Star Trek universe.

4. Johnnymuffintop

Johnnymuffintop Commander Red Shirt

A man can dream. haha

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hardy never looked much like Stewart and as he's getting older, he's looking even less like him. He's more the Riker type, really.

6. JimTheBuilder

JimTheBuilder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think what Tim Vining has done with Star Trek AURORA would work nicely! Sorta Firefly meets Trek...

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Yes! AURORA is awesome!...as I said in the thread I would watch it weekly. :)

8. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

In my opinion, TNG's ship has sailed..and no amount of wishful thinking will bring it back as it was at this time.. as TOS was a product of turbulent scary times (check out the headlines from 1960s for an idea) TNG was conceived in a period of optimism in the United States, that forward thinking appears to be lacking today. JJ's Trekverse, like TOS, is rooted in it's time, a period of uncertainty in the United States but, as past history shows, periods of uncertainty are always followed with optimism..if that happens, THEN we may get something like TNG (and only if the powers that be feel they can make a quick buck)

9. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If TPTB were crazy enough to do a rebooted TNG TV series....what would it be called?

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

If it were on The CW they would call it...TREK!

:rommie:

11. Temis the Vorta

Teen Vampires in Space!!! :rommie:

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Star Trek 2: Electric Boogaloo

13. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Tonight on "Trekkies the Series", you, the viewers, get to pick who stays on the ship or who gets spaced out the airlock...

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Maybe under Dawn Ostroff...but new CW head Mark Pedowitz wants to fix alot of her mistakes. With Deadman, Arrow & Cult being a good start. I forgot what else CW has has planned...Beauty And The Beast? I dunno but a Star Trek series on The CW would be less Gossip Girl in outer space now with Ostroff gone. :techman:

I doubt it will have Star Trek in the title but a Next Generation reboot could just be called Next Generation...I was actually half joking with TREK. :p

15. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Let's see what they do with Green Arrow and then judge the new management.

16. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah. Next Gen. It's snappier and hipper.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Doh! yeah Next Gen. is much better. :)

18. Temis the Vorta

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The Captain's Log. :vulcan: It is a Trek show so it would be dumb to use "Diaries". :crazy:

20. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You guys sure can make a guy laugh! Thanks for that.