My Pet's Cuter Than Yours, So Suck It

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Locutus of Bored, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

It's been a pretty depressing year at Casa del Locutus, so we decided to do something nice for ourselves and adopted a four-month-old female Domestic Shorthaired tabby kitten from the local animal shelter.

I present thee Lilly, Destroyer of Worlds (but we're just going to call her Lilly until her plans for global domination have come to fruition, so as not to give her an over-inflated ego or anything):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice how she has already claimed that ratty looking sandal as her own territory in preparation for the mass devastation to come? She is truly a fearsome beast.

I originally wanted to name her "Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, Gozer the Traveler, and Lord of the Sebouillia" (Gozer for short) but the damn hippie communists in my house overruled me and went with a slightly less dread-inspiring name. I mean, Lilly is good too, but I tried to explain to them that it's kind of odd to give a cat a name that sounds like a flower that is toxic to cats. But what do I know? :shrug:

So, where was I? Oh yeah, my pet's cuter than yours. Go ahead and post pictures of your uglier animals in a pathetic attempt at upstaging Lilly's rightful dominance, or just bask in the light of her glorious cuteness and pray that that is enough to save you when her reign of terror begins.

2. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i present, Shade the Alpha cat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  3. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

The OP is a pretty damn cute cat. I'll have to try to get a picture of the very attractive not-quite-stray that's quasi-adopted us, and see if I can one-up you.

4. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Cats only have 3 expressions: awake, asleep and pissed off. Dogs, on the other hand, have 4.

5. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^Bah!

[​IMG]
    (One week 4½ days old)

6. Nerdius Maximus

Nerdius Maximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cats have a wide variety of expressions. My favorite is "Are you fucking serious?"

7. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I am so not a cat person. Give me my trusty Lab by my side and I'm a happy man.

8. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

You're just anthropomorphosing a complete lack of expression into whatever you want it to be. Trust me. I have a cat. I know what I'm talking about.

9. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

They also have the expression: "If I had opposable thumbs, I would flip you the finger..."

10. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm horribly allergic to cats, so these pictures are as close as I can come to cats in real life. While the cats are cute, I like my Dachshund better.

So, I guess that means that I prefer my wiener over your pussy.

11. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Hmmm, you are of course aware that those are the most cat-like of all dogs!

12. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

She's adorable! Take lots of pics because they grow so fast! I'm also glad you decided to adopt from a shelter. Good call. :)

13. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Thanks. :)

I'm trying to type this right now (with limited success) as she's sleeping on my chest, in fact.

14. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Haha I know that feeling. Comet used to wrap himself around my neck! Cats also seem to love sitting on keyboards and laptops, particularly if you're paying more attention to the computer than to them.

15. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn, apparently I too prefer wiener to pussy. I gotta go home and rethink my life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He certainly has cat-like tendencies. He loves to pearch on the back of furniture and has a big 'me first' attitude.
    Allergy wise I've had him for 11 years with only a little bit of allergy issues. Mostly in the winter when the windows are usually closed.

17. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr Commodore Commodore

Nothing is cuter than a Birthday Sir Squeak in his daisy chain collar...

[​IMG]

as you can see he looks really happy :lol:

18. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Look at all the beautiful kitties and dogs! Congrats on the addition to the family, Locutus. I'm sure Lilly's reign will be smooth as a 18-year-old scotch.

In the mean time, here's some pics of Chewie, the dog I left back home. He's almost 12 years old and being that I only get to see him when I go home for Christmas, I worry more and more each year that when I see him it will be the last time... but hot damn, I love that dog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's that moment between when he's chasing his tail furiously and chomping down on it thinking, "Aha, gotcha!" and the moment when he realizese ... "OW!!!!"

[​IMG]

With the exception of a slight, blurry thumb, this is probably my favorite picture I've taken of Chewie, taken early one morning back in 2002 in my parent's living room in Virginia. I like it so much in fact that I ordered an 8x10 print from Snapfish and now have it hanging on my wall. :lol:

19. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's ok, Locutus, you don't have to show these pictures to your cat. ;)

20. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Our cat Acer...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010