The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I took some photos of my collection, at least what I've bought over the past few years.
    [​IMG]
    Boba Fett as seen in the Holiday Special.

[​IMG]
    501st Stormtrooper

[​IMG]
    Luke and Mara Jade

[​IMG]
    A gathering of Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, X-Files, Buffy figures and even a pony.

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I saw the new Flash, Deadshot & Dark Archer action figures at Hasting's last nigh. If they were't $25 a pop, I'd have grabbed 'em to get my DC/CW collection goin'...I like the look of the new Flash figure.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I don't have this one. I've seen the figure on the secondary market but they almost always ask way too much for him.

4. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got the Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch today. She's not the best quality figure (5 POA), but it's probably all we'll get. Still hoping a Quicksilver is planned, too.

Cap's Kooky Quartet is missing one member!

[​IMG]

All of my Avengers figures, whether they're MCU or not (and I still hope that Black Knight and Captain Britain end up in the MCU someday...):

[​IMG]

The Ass-Kicking Ladies' Knitting Society now has nine members!
    [​IMG]

5. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My Jazware Sonic Colors 5 inch sonic figure came finally. And I had to give him a proper accessory since he didn't come with any.
    [​IMG]

6. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I'm slowly completing my CW Stunticon team, so I hope to have the last two members by next week. Maybe I'll have some time to do some more pics before my upcoming trips in May. :)

7. cooleddie74

Sonic the Hedgehog on Endor? That's what the Rebels really needed to get through the doors of and inside the Imperial bunker! :)

8. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

The first ever official Funko ReAction Classic Trek custom figure!
    [​IMG]
    I still got it.
    [​IMG]
    Joker loves to ride his Harley.

CCC.

9. CaptainMurdock

Haha yeah, but I don't think Chewie could have flown the Imperial Shuttle "Casual" enough to get by. :rommie:

10. cooleddie74

Yeah, that's a very good point. :)

11. CaptainMurdock

Here's my miniature collection of real life game consoles. On the top we have a PS1, PS2 mini, NES top loader, Some Famicom accessories. On the second row we have 2 Famicom's, some tv adapters I believe, the playstation controllers and a Famicom keyboard. On the bottom is a Famicom gun and Resident Evil Typewritter. :)
    [​IMG]

12. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

^Toys of a sort, I suppose. :techman:

A new Figuarts Dragon Ball Z figure is always cause for celebration. The gentle giant, Android 16 joins the ranks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He sports the same great articulation and interchangeable parts we've come to expect:
    [​IMG]
    Family photo!
    [​IMG]

13. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

So it's true, Filoni threw Weisman off the show for his OC.

14. cooleddie74

Whatever Filoni's been doing lately behind the scenes on Rebels I'm liking it. A lot.

15. cooleddie74

Jedi Temple Archives is now reporting a rumor - though it's a very strong one supported by some fellow collectors who claim to have heard some things - that the super-articulated, premium 3.75" figures aimed more at adult collectors may become a retailer exclusive inside the United States while the cheaper, easier-to-produce 5-POA figures in the same scale would continue to be sold at all the major retail chains. Many are speculating that this exclusive retailer could be Toys "R" Us.

Mind you this is just a rumor as of right now and should be taken with a huge grain of salt, but it's triggering a lot of heated debate and conjecture about Hasbro's plans for super articulation in the 3.75" line with the blizzard of new toys from The Force Awakens launching this fall and likely containing a lot of simpler 5-POA figures along the lines of the current Rebels characters in stores.

16. OdoWanKenobi

Found the latest Black Series wave at Wal-Mart. I passed on the Stormtrooper Han for now, but I did grab Bossk:
    [​IMG]

17. cooleddie74

Nice! How easy is your copy's jaw to move up and down? Some collectors have been reporting that their copies are a little stiff and you can't get much motion out of his jaw depending on which Bossk you happened to purchase.

18. OdoWanKenobi

Mine is pretty stiff, but I think it's the design of the neck that is limiting the motion more than the actual joint. The collar comes up really high, and doesn't give much room.

19. cooleddie74

I haven't found Bossk or Stormtrooper Han just yet. They're making the rounds but if they hit my area stores they sold out before I got to see them. 6" figures past the Yoda Wave are scarce or nonexistent around here, and those I've seen have been at Walgreens.

In other news: the first carded images of 3.75" Mosep Binneed, Princess Leia in Boushh Disguise and the new Jawa 2-pack. These are the European cardbacks, as the U.S. versions will be on English-only cards or multilingual similar to recent Rebels figures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Found a Pegasus Beanie Baby while cleaning today. The Black Knight likes it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]