Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Minor spoilers in the below link...

TVGuide has posted a little bit more about the format change, including more about upcoming storylines and titles.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if they'll be starting the numbering over with each mini? They might have been afraid that the fact that they are now on #6X was intimidating people.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt it that would be a problem. It's based on a television show and the series format has followed that formula so it'd be just like people jumping into a season mid-way through (or in our case...a third of the way through). There's no reason to renumber.

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Being that I'm so far behind with this (and juggling reading two novels at the same time) I decided to go back and re-read Ish #57 to get into it again. I really liked the scene at the airport where Clark flew half-way around the world to retrieve the little girl's stuffed animal. A really nice touch, one that greatly humanizes the Superman character and at the same time, helps me forget what a douche Clark was through ten seasons of the show on TV!

:lol:

Finally got around to #58 and was quite surprised by the fact that Lois and Steve were apparently once an item. Is there like anyone in the DC Universe she hasn't dated or hopped in the sack with? :devil: That surprise aside, it was cool seeing her and Diana work together as two hot, tough chicks against the flying monkeys from Oz, or whatever the hell they are.

Going back to 57 for a minute, I liked the subtle nod to continuity when Clark asked Senator Ma Kent about Connor; I had damn near forgotten about the fact that he was still in the picture! Kinda makes me wonder how long it'll be before he puts in a digital appearance. And on the same line of thought about continuity, I wonder (pardon the pun) if Q will acknowledge that Diana has apparently met Chloe (remember Chlo's line to Clark in S10 about the people she met in her travels?)

Good stuff. I'll continue to plug along in my attempts to catch up to you all.

:bolian:

5. Admiral_Young

We're getting the Teen Titans in an upcoming arc, so we'll see Connor fairly soon. You're actually not that far behind. 64 just came out yesterday so you're only a few issues behind.

Read the conclusion of Hollow and Lex still has a shred of humanity in him still, and it's pretty clear that as AJK stated to me, he has some feeling towards Otis. He's already acknowledged that he's the closest thing he has to an actual friend since returning, and he's right. Otis genuinely cares about Lex...probably like Clark, sees the little amount of good inside of him still that is dominated by the darkness.

Also I would say that Proc, you and AJK maybe right about Tess getting a new body or something soon.

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Nipples! She needs nipples!

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:techman: :techman: :techman:

7. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Amen to that brotha.

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Okay, now I know that both Admirals Young & Kirk will laugh at me when I say this, but I'm going to make the ultimate attempt later on this evening to totally catch up on my SV reading. Suffice to say, my life has been... Complicated, since my return from the wilds of Maine.

Seriously though, I just downloaded the last two issues to Lynne's tablet and I'm quite eager to got back to the Wonder Woman storyline. Not that I will probably have much to add to the commentary, other than to extend my praise to Bryan Q. and this extended version of the SV universe.

Later, Dudes!

:techman:

9. Admiral_Young

Just read the last two issues (64 and 65) and this has started to drag on just a teeny bit in my opinion but still great. Faust has unleashed Lord Hades upon the Earth. Clark is vulnerable of course. Diana has rescued her mother from captivity in the D.E.O. Faust was blackmailing Bones for Hades. We get a bit of their past relationship in Shadowpact. Yesterday's issue saw Hades launch his attack upon Washington, D.C. and Superman go into action. He needs back up...as Hades launches his own army of dead. This of course sets up the moment most of us have been waiting for...Diana finally emerges as Wonder Woman to engage in the battle against Hades and Faust.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Not quite that far yet... So are you saying that Diana has basically been doing what Clark did for the better part of ten years, doing good deed without really having a public identity to go with it?

Going to try again tonight to catch up.

11. Admiral_Young

Basically yeah. Q has implied that Hippolyta was the first Wonder Woman until her capture at some point by the D.E.O. Most likely she assumed the role when she arrived with the young Steve Trevor.

12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Ah, okay then, so it's like a passing of the mantle type of thing, like in the Zorro movies?

I was telling the Missus how much this is becoming more DCU-like, though fully rooted in the SV mythology and drawing from it on a regular basis. Any word when Chloe and Ollie might return? Or is Q going to concentrate on bring in all the other various DC heroes into the growing JL?

13. Admiral_Young

Very much a passing of the torch...legacy thing, and a homage to the stories that have had Hippolyta as Wonder Woman in World War II with the Justice Society, etc.

Nothing yet on Chloe and Ollie. When asked by people on Twitter, Q has replied that they will return when he is ready for them. He's kind of been cryptic regarding them, making some fans believe that there has been an editorial embargo imposed due to "Arrow"...but he's not confirmed that at all. It is my guess they will return at the end of the season.

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Maybe he's just waiting for Chlo to have the kid before bringing them back.

:devil:

15. Admiral_Young

^ Pretty much. I am kind of surprised we haven't had a Chloe/Ollie side book yet.

16. Admiral_Young

17. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Should be interesting. It'll be nice to have a follow-up on Conner, though I could've done without the Blunder Twins.

;)

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

OK, just finished reading #66 and I have to say that this particular arc has probably been the wildest ride so far. That was a great ending with Diana putting on the WW clothes and emerging as the hero we know her to be. Obviously, she and Clark are about to take on Hades' army of the dead, but I can't help but wonder if we'll see other members of the JL show up before it's all over with.

Odd observation: are we to assume that the slain JFK is part of Hades' army, given the small panel that showed the Eternal Flame in Arlington?

Final thought: If anyone shows up to help Supes and WW, I hope it's Zatanna!

19. Admiral_Young

Zee has, I think been mentioned of course, as John Zatara was a member of Shadowpact before he left it...so yeah I think it's a safe bet we'll see her return at some point.

Read the first part of "Teen Titans". There was no issue number, so this might be the first of the new format. I thought it was pretty good. It was written a bit like Geoff Johns Titans run (no surprise really) and "Young Justice". Connor seems to be the natural leader of the group and has already developed a bond with M'Gann (Miss Martian). The Wonder Twins were in their purple jumpsuits. They're being trained by Jay and it seems like this was an idea of Carter Hall's prior to his death. Looking forward to seeing as how this unfolds.

20. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm still a little foggy on how this new format thing is going to work. How are the 'arc's going to differ from the multi-issue 'episodes' we've been getting thusly? And are you saying that the issues themselves are no longer numbered?

:confused: :confused: :confused: