Star Trek Vanguard: The Finale Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by David Mack, Mar 9, 2012.

1. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Not sure yet. I had thought we might record it on the 17th of April, but now I'm told that might not work out. Recording it before then isn't really feasible, unfortunately, as I need to finish writing Silent Weapons, the second book of the Cold Equations trilogy, by April 16. As soon as I know more, I'll share. :)

2. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

^April fools joke?;) I thought the group of you were getting together today?

3. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Two different podcasts I think. One with the authors, one about the musical inspirations.

4. David Mack

^ Correct. The Vanguardians will be recording the authors' roundtable discussion in a few hours. The music podcast, however, might have to wait a bit before it can move forward.

5. MatthiasRussell

MatthiasRussell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What I would find awesome would be a dramatic reading of key scenes accompanied by music that inspired or would ideally accompany that scene.

6. David Mack

Well, the timing of reading to music would usually be way off. Though I had planned something similar — narrating through a piece of dramatic music to explain how the action of a few well-known scenes or sequences arose from it.

7. Patrick O'Brien

Cool, thamks for the clarification Dave:bolian:

8. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for posting the bible - it's interesting to see just how the planned tone and story did and didn't end up playing out in the final books...

9. Patrick O'Brien

Just finished the book (Awesome). Now I am ready to listen to the podcast, is it available yet?

10. David Mack

Not yet. Still in post-production, which is delayed while I struggle to meet my deadline for book two of the Cold Equations trilogy.

11. Patrick O'Brien

^Take your time Dave. The new trilogy deadline takes precedence (you are getting paid for it;)). We are all just on a Vanguard high and want to absorb any info we can. I'm sure the annotations will fill the gap for now. Thanks again for a great finale, and good luck finishing book 2 of the new trilogy.

12. David Mack

David Mack interview LIVE on TrekRadio.net Tue 4/17 4PM ET

NEWSFLASH!

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012, from 4PM-5PM ET (1PM-2PM PT), I will be chatting live via Skype with hosts Timewarp-DJ & Nydra at TrekRadio.net about my recent Star Trek novels Storming Heaven and Rise Like Lions, my drinking habits, random things that piss me off, and what new projects I have coming up.

Tune in to listen, and tweet your questions to the hosts at @TrekRadio before tomorrow’s interview. The interview will probably also be available for download or streaming playback after we’re done, so check back for that link if you miss tomorrow’s show.

In other podcast news, stay tuned for an update on when the Vanguard Authors’ Roundtable Podcast will go live courtesy of the folks at The Chronic Rift, and I’ll have news soon about a special music-related Vanguard streaming podcast that’s currently in the works.

13. MatthiasRussell

Cool. I enjoyed the last trekradio interview where you shared drinking stories.

14. Patrick O'Brien

Cool, I will listen tomorrow when I get home! Thanks for the update Dave:bolian:

15. Patrick O'Brien

I could not get access to either broadcast?:confused:

16. David Mack

All you had to do was point your browser to TrekRadio.net — as long as your Flash player plugins are up-to-date, it should have played automatically.

I'll contact the TR folks and ask them what's up with On Demand content...

17. MatthiasRussell

I need to listen as well. I was too busy yesterday to catch the broadcast.

I'd like to know which wine pairs best with Captain Crunch.

18. Patrick O'Brien

It is on demand now Dave, thanks! Great interview:bolian:

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So is Vanguard the first ongoing TrekLit series to get a story specifically written as a finale?

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

If you mean series original to Trek Lit, I'd say so -- although there's been one miniseries, A Time to..., which is one book longer than the "ongoing" Vanguard.

I think The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm could be considered a finale of sorts to Enterprise, at least in the form we know it.