Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Another monday in the gym. Start of another week, making some nice progress. Los of hot women in the gym today, no idea where they came from either, it's like they all showed up out of nowhere at once.

I'm not complaining.

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Started lifting with a partner two days ago. Also paralleled that with training a 370 lb acquaintance of mine. His goal, 275lbs! For myself I've had sporadic training for 3 weeks, and have come back with a very sore vengeance this week.:lol:

3. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4 mile bike ride yesterday on the Erie Canal
    can't wait until it gets warmer! :D

4. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

You're supposed to do 15 miles on the Erie Canal! With a mule named Sal! Nice work on the workouts and the weight loss, btw. :)

I recently broke a major milestone for myself, I ran 3 miles in under 26 minutes. My best time so far is 25:34, a time I never, ever thought I would see. I've gone under 26 minutes four times now, so it's not a fluke. I have been working on getting in one or two really strong runs per exercise cycle, which is to run/workout 4-6 days in a row. I did the 25:34 on Saturday of this week, I believe, then had a slower 3.3 mile run the next day and a 40 minute outdoor run yesterday.

5. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This year, I've been training for my first marathon and ultra-marathon. Unfortunately, I've been held down by a misaligned cuboid bone in my foot the past three weeks. I finally got it straightened out last week, and was able to start working out again. This past Saturday was a 2 hour day, and I elected to take Sunday off since I was just restarting. This week, I have a 90 minute run Wednesday, a 30 min Friday, and a 4 hour run Saturday. If everything goes well, I'm hoping to do the Saturday run up on the trails, which I have been real antsy to do lately. Now that the weather is getting better, the road between me and the trails should be closed much less often... :)

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Tonight--cue the 2001 music--is the first leg night with my new gym partner.

RAMA

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Oh no. That sounds like it's gonna hurt for the next several days.

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Oh yes

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Awesome chest day today! We even have a new slogan: "let's get serious" from Pumping Iron. :cool:

RAMA

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I had an impulsive money-spending breakdown the other day (and when I say "breakdown," I mean I was really bored and watching infomercials), and I bought the P90X program. It's been intriguing me ever since I saw the commercials for it, and I finally just decided to purchase it. I've been stuck in a rut in my workouts for a while now, and I need some kind of outside force to make me do new things.

It should be coming in the mail this week. I hope it's all it's cracked up to be.

That said, I just got back from the gym, and my arms feel ginormous.

11. Moocey

Moocey Vice Admiral Admiral

I tried to run three consecutive seven minute miles this past Sunday on a treadmill. I decided that I was going to set the pace and run as long as I could. I made it 17:30 and had to stop.

As I got out of my car when I got home, I noticed my left ankle really hurt. I limped for about a day. Today my legs just hurt all over, but I'm feeling better now. I plan to try again Thursday or Friday.

12. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking about taking dancing lessons.

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Well stop thinking and do!

:techman:

14. Crusher Disciple

Okay. :D

15. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

If you do it, I'll do it. I'm tempted to fill my time by joining an AmDram club which requires me to be able to do the whole dance thing :(

Other than that - I'm off the training wagon. Well, almost. I attempted to play rugby at the semi-pro level I played seven years ago with disastrous results. I'm now trying to train with broken ribs which has resulted in vomiting and getting annoyed at all the locker room hugging.

16. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been trying to walk 2 miles in 40 minutes
    that would require an average speed of 3mph
    I'm almost there, but the best I've been able to do is 1.8-1.9 in 40 minutes

I have short legs and I'm not very flexible, so I have to work on my stride so that walking at, say, 3.2 mph on the treadmill feels natural instead of OMG I"M GONNA FALL OFF THIS THING!

haven't gotten to the point where I'm comfortable running . . . I need a bra for my belly or something :lol:

17. Crusher Disciple

I really want to learn Foxtrot and Tango. I caught the Dancing With the Stars bug. :lol: But the studio's really close to my house and it's great exercise.

Ow, that's not good. Hope you get to feeling better. :(

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just finished my first workout with the P90X program, and I feel like I'm dying. Holy crap, that was one of the hardest workouts I've ever had. I felt like vomiting about 1/3 of the way through!

19. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Had a rough run Saturday. Was supposed to do 4 hours and ~20miles. It was my first time running trails (my big thing) in a couple of months, so I was pretty excited. However, I made two huge mistakes. One, I had forgotten how much different trails are from dirt roads... 20 miles on dirt roads are nothing, but they won't get you ready for 20miles on trails. Second, I accidentally got caught up in the excitement of being out there again, and started off way, way, way too fast. In the end, I only ended up pulling 11 miles and 3 hours. I'm still pretty thrashed from it.

This weekend, I'm going to Moab, Utah with my mom. She's trying to do the 24 hours of Utah race solo, and is going to have me come out and pace her during the night. It should be a pretty fun time.

20. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

We want proof of dancing...like video proof! :lol: