Marvel gets a new Editor-In-Chief. JoeQ is CCO

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by coolghoul, Jan 4, 2011.

1. coolghoul

coolghoul Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

According to comicbookresources.com

I don't really know too much about Axel Alonso. I guess JoeQ is going to concern himself more with the Marvel movies or something.

How does this affect the future of Marvel? And storylines that are in play? Will it perhaps bring Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker back together - something that some fans (including me) still want. Is he a believer in a single Spidey? What about the other franchises? X-universe has been kinda a vague black hole to me recently. Hopefully the new blood revitalizes Marvel.

Apologies if this is a dupe post.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it too late to hope for a retcon of the retcon that ruined Spiderman?

3. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Alonso was the one that put Reggie Hudlin on Black Panther.

4. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

Marvel is so screwed up now I doubt a new EIC will make much difference. I started going to the comic shop with a friend who has gotten back into them. I have done a lot of browsing, not only does DC have way better art in their books but the storylines are much better. Marvel has contiued to degenerate not only in story, and art work but also have seemed to revert back to their horrible crossovers.

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey, if Hal Jordan can be Green Lantern then Parker can get back together with M.J. :lol:

6. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Wake me when JoeQ is booted from the company, beaten half to death in a back alley, burned to a crisp, and then buried in a shallow, unmarked grave.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

There is always hope...

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I think this is just making official stuff that has been pretty much going on already the past several months at Marvel. Alonso had been pretty much a de facto EIC while Quesada has had his hands full dealing with the non-publishing aspect of Marvel Entertainment, IMO...

I don't know if Alonso will continue to oversee the X-Men line, but I do think it's time for a change there and elsewhere.

9. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Not surprised, really; Quesada's responsibilities elsewhere have been expanding dramatically over the last few years, and he's been EIC for as long as anyone other than Stan Lee has ever held the position.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This doesn't surprise me either. Alonso used to be in charge of Spider-Man back in the day I believe, during the end of the Clone Saga. As for changing current plans I don't think this decision will affect this years plans...could effect future plans though. I'm just glad that Joe Q is no longer EIC. CCO is fine, he was elevated to that newly created position last year. It is also what Geoff Johns is at DC Ent.