Smallville: 10x07 "Ambush" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. The Blur (Good)

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Clark Kent (Mild Mannered and Average)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Kal (Bad)

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Superdouche (Terrible)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Why were you bored? This was a vast improvement over last week.

Granted, that wouldn't take much, but still.

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I dunno, just bored by the whole story line, its so cliche, girlfriends father is military, hates the boyfriends, wants to put them through a test to help his daughter, bla bla bla, heard it so many times, bored by it, i just don't care, I want superman stuff, not Lois stuff

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Excellent! "Superman"

Reminds me of how good Smallville was. :lol:

Lucy. :drool:

I can't wait for next week! :D

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was a bit bored with it too.

5. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well now I can comment on this episode.

Interesting is a term I would use to describe the writing very family friendly since this is their Thanksgiving episode,and all families argue from time to time,but what intrigued me was at the end of the episode Clark asks a question one would be to carve the turkey or ask for Lois's hand in marriage ,and General Lane is shown carving the turkey.
    So will Clark pop the question by season end time will tell.
    So for next episode I'll see you all next week.
    Same Smallville Channel Same Smallville Time
    Signed
    Buck Rogers

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll give it a good. I thought all the stuff in the last fifteen minutes was good. I like how their advancing this Mutant Registraition...er, Superhero Registration...no, damn it, Vigilante Registration Act. I was thinking Watchmen in that last scene. Good stuff and good interaction between the characters.

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Less than 200 posts tonight. Thanks for making it easy for me guys. I appreciate it. It's nice to know that my complaining paid off.

Okay now...

This episode was the embodiment of a nightmare I've had for years. And that is: Dating Michael Ironside's daughter. I mean, imagine going out with a girl and then you meet her dad and he's a Michael Ironside-type person. How scary would that be? Then I get to see an hour of that play out tonight. That guy is just plain intimidating. I was nervous just watching the episode. Even when he was nice he was intimidating.

And what was up with Lucy Lane? Did she act like this last time we saw her? I don't remember much of that. Clark leaping onto the bus was exciting though. I remember that. Seriously. What was up with her?

Oh you're lucky. Were they hot?

We got snow here in Southern Ontario last week. Don't think it's ever snowed in October.

I noticed tonight that Hartley is pretty skinny and has a big head despite his muscles. Or maybe he's just tall so everything looks elongated.

:guffaw:

I noticed that odd absence too.

Oh, that's hot!

Not necessarily. Tattoos don't "heal away" on regular people either.

Oh, that's hot too.

He was attacked by Lucy (hot, I know), so I'm not blaming him for that.

Erica Durance is Canadian. And I didn't notice any weird pronunciation in anything.

Just a few weeks ago you folks were talking about how useless the Talon set was and now, sure enough, it's gone. Seemed like no one's there anymore anyway. It's felt like an abandoned warehouse for a few seasons now.

They're both the sereotypical hot brunettes. I'm not complaining of course.

I think it was a walking speech too. I don't remember. And yes, it was bad. James Spader delivered a better one on Boston Legal.

I thought of that too. Remember Lionel at the table? There's weird goings on in Smallville for sure.

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Imagine: Next Superman movie to use him.

Michael Ironside as Lex Luthor!

People don't "heal away" mortal wounds either. In the past whenever Clark has suffered a serious injury while under the influence of Blue or Green-K the wound has completely reversed itself once he was no longer around the meteor rock. Seems to me, using the same logic, a tattoo should act the same way.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    To quote Pro...

:lol:

10. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's Michael Ironside. He can do whatever he wants.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

From what I gather our teleporting fiend with Rick Flag is Warp.

Perfect to throw into Clark's face. :lol:

He does seem like the male Nightshade which they were going to use...and they should have used her.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

IIRC, Archer's point was that humanity isn't like a baby gazelle.

I was hoping the teleporter was Ambush Bug.

13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whoa! did I just see Terri Hatcher in the previews for next week? And if this is the last season, why the hell is the only other original cast member on the show not on the show? Where the hell is Chloe?

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They have a telepoter in an episode called "Ambush" and it's some loser Teen Titans Brotherhood of Evil 8th stringer when they could have had THE GREATEST teleporter of all time: Amubush Bug?

"Sigh"

15 pages?

Fuuuuucke me.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Allison Mack only has a contract for six or seven episodes this season and the rest of her appearances are most likely going to be aired during the second half of the season kicks into gear after Christmas hiatus which should be after "Abandoned" which is being considered the first half cliffhanger. I slept most of the day yesterday after my dentist appointment was delayed and will be watching the episode later today after football.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

AY

There are alot of mixed feelings after this one...I felt it was like Smallville S1-S5. I liked it alot and thought it was better than "Homecoming" mainly because of the pace and Ironside & List just were a joy to see again.

[edit] Can my Smallville peeps please vote for Lion-El in the SF/F Avatar contest...I have 0 votes. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  17. Admiral_Young

Better than "Homecoming"? Wow. I think I like "Homecoming" just because of Brainy...and I voted for you Jet.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Brainiac 5 made "Homecoming" it was alot of slow stuff until he showed up and all...I just liked how Gen Lane worked in this ep & I love Peyton List...so Lucy was a +. :)

Thanks for the vote! :bolian:

19. Admiral_Young

So did they explain the Lucy problem?

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    No. :lol: Like I said it was all Offscreenville like a few seasons back...like when she went to look for her with the Gen. She(Lois) did seem surprised to see her.

[edit] I really think they could have used the Gen & Lucy in a Superwoman situation last season with the Kandorians...but now it seems like they can do that plot with the whole Vigilante Registration Act...I said I would be done if they did anything beyond a 10th S...but this ep just shows how good the show was and can be.