Live-action Halo tv show coming, Spielberg attached

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris3123, May 21, 2013.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, Steven Spielberg is doing Halo. It was just announced at the next-gen XBOX announcement event, so no link yet.

Wow.

2. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Wow indeed!

3. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

meh.

Speilberg was attached to Falling Skies on TNT. It's OK, but nothing that I get too excited over. I've never quite understood Halo's broad appeal.

4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

The first was a revolution in console FPS's, the story is damn decent sci-fi, the books got me into reading again, whats not to love?

5. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know... Honestly. Maybe it's me. My first experience with Halo was Reach. It was just OK to me. I also bought Halo Anniversary figuring that I was missing key elements to its appeal and it didn't hold my interest enough for me to finish it.... Despite all that, I picked up Halo 4 because it looked awesome and... I'm just underwhelmed by it all.

Maybe the TV show will make me appreciate it more.

6. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

you started with the weakest link in the series, sorry, try reading the fall of reach, it's the best place to start.

7. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That web-series wasn't that good... and a TV show (or Xbox exclusive streaming show more likely) is a big downgrade from their crazy Peter Jackson plans anyway.

8. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I loved Forward Unto Dawn, and I'd take a TV series that lasts for hours and hours over a 2 hour whiz bang and your done movie which would have to be watered down to nothing to even get made in Hollywood.

I've been saying they should do a Halo TV series for years, and I went ape shit when they announced it. Can't wait. :D