My Theory about who Harrison is (Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Thomas Riker, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

You're terribly mistaken. Nothing I can do about that. :shrug:

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Right - a "nod" to the three people in the world who had any idea who "Harrison" was.

No.

3. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If patterns are consistent, such a not would be in line with creating an entirely new planet and calling it Delta Vega.

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly this is why I wished that they had tried to use another TOS baddies in the films during the 80s so the studio could have possibly had at least a few more major baddies to use in the JJ films.

Oh well.

5. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

Ha ha ha
    And of course they are intentionally making the Dreadnaughtprise look like the profile of doug drexlers refit NX art to pay homage to the hundreds of millions of fans and casual sci fi target demo audience members who would flock in droves to see a big budget extravaganza with Enterprise references

Guys it's Khan, it was announced and lukewarmly confirmed by trekmovie last week or two weeks ago now

They ain't making this movie for Trekkers

6. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

They've vacillated on this position a number of times, everytime some new source says "It's Khan" or "It's not Khan," so at this point, you really can't take that at face value.

7. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would not be surprised if the writing team chose a name for the baddie that would cause all manner of internet speculation. "Hey, look up the most obscure character from TOS you can find. We'll call him that and drive the fan boys insane."

This story is probably much deeper than what we've been privy to thus far.

8. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

it is prob picard from the future gone all evil.

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Nope. A lot more fans recognized that than have a clue who that Harrison nobody was.

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Should I be getting nervous about the helmeted Klingons? The more I look at those helmet/mask things, the more they feel like a cheap way to dodge the Klingon head ridge issue. I sincerely hope we get a look at them under the helmets and they look like they did in the recent comics.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wasn't aware that TOS' Harrison was ever given a first name. I thought he was just called "Harrison".

And in any case, that's a rather common name, ain't it? So assuming it's the same person would be reaching.

12. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I read somewhere (probably Trekmovie) that Klingons do indeed appear on screen without helmets and that they have ridges and piercings.

EDIT:

http://www.treknews.net/2012/12/10/klingons-confirmed-for-star-trek-into-darkness/

"We’ve seen Klingons! They do have forehead ridges but with ornamental piercings and facial hair out of the original series!"

13. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still doubtful that Harrison is actually Khan. I think he is more likely one of Khan's supermen, perhaps even Joachim, or possibly one of their descendants. I suspect Khan himself is waiting in the wings to be set up as the Big Bad for the third movie. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the much-discussed scene with the two figures exiting the chamber filled with cryo-tubes is actually the very last scene of the film.

Not that I'm actually predicting this, mind you, but what if all that stuff about Benicio Del Toro almost but not quite signing up to play the villain was just a red herring? What if he really did sign up to play the villain, just not in this movie?

Then again, maybe Harrison is Khan, but that pretty much requires abandoning all pretense that this timeline branched off from the original as recently as the incursion of the Narada, which was admittedly hard to swallow in the first place. Who knows, maybe the timelines originally diverged all the way back in the Eugenics Wars. In fact, a pet theory of mine is that the nuTrek timeline is actually our future where the Eugenics Wars never happened in the 1990s, if at all.

Guess we'll know soon enough.

14. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now that would be a cool twist, having Khan thawed out at the end of this film.

-Chris

15. aeriolewinters

aeriolewinters Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm thinking he's that guy from Futurama.

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Well, golly...
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrI3wy_TGk[/yt]

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Just hold on a minute. This could be more misdirection from Abrams. Maybe the premiere screening has been cunningly edited to give the illusion Harrison is Khan, convincing fans worldwide that they finally know the truth. Then, when it premieres proper to the public - bam! The final curve ball will be thrown and we will leave the theater in awe of the web of obfuscation JJ has masterminded.

Oh JJ, you clever sausage. I'm on to you! (It's gonna be Mitchell, right? Gotta be Gary Mitchell.)

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Here's something, BTW - given how few and how carefully constructed the scenes which reveal Harrison's other identity are, it's quite possible that most of the cast who were being asked about it never saw a page of script or appeared in a scene in which he was referred to other than as "John Harrison."

20. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

He's also still John Harrison in the closing credits.

Incidentally,
    introduces herself as Carol Wallace, using her mother's surname, so no one would link her to Admiral Marcus. A nice tip to the original draft of ST II in which Dr Janet Wallace, of "The Deadly Years", was to have been the mother of Kirk's son, David Wallace. So does this mean that Janet and Carol are sister-in-laws - and Kirk Prime managed to romance both of them?