STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 18, 2013.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

18.8%
  2. A

20.6%
  3. A-

13.2%
  4. B+

11.1%
  5. B

7.9%
  6. B-

4.1%
  7. C+

5.7%
  8. C

5.0%
  9. C-

3.5%
  10. D+

1.5%
  11. D

1.6%
  12. D-

1.3%
  13. F

5.7%
  1. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

its now down to 88%

3. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

4. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Must admit, this line made me laugh:

5. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

From Memory Alpha
    And who can forget this line from Space Balls: ;)

6. drumvan

drumvan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Reads like something that could have been written by a poster here :rommie: Am I the only person that's getting tired of anytime Trek does a space-battle/action scene in space (or any scifi movie does for that matter) it gets compared to or called a ripping off of Star Wars?

And I just thought of this: The chase through asteroids? Star Trek did it first: Mudd's Women. So Star Wars ripped off Star Trek :p

8. DarthTom

^^^

Oh wow he rpis it to shreds:
    Concluding points:

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Bleeding Cool reviewer liked the movie - I loved this bit of his review:

Thesp-In-A-Jar? :lol:

10. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

For what it's worth, I did a quick count of Collin's 3/5 movie reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Only 15 of about 175 3 star reviews were rotten. So about 93 percent of his 3/5 reviews were noted as "fresh."

Meh. Who cares? Any review that ends wondering where the "no man has gone before," spirit of Trek has gone doesn't get it, anyway. That damn monolog has become a curse.

11. DarthTom

The Walking Dead has continued that tradition however both the protagnist and the antagonist are played by British actors - and very well.

Andrew Lincoln plays Rick and of course David Morrisey plays The Governor. Both are brillaint in their roles.

Morrisey however was never, 'in the jar, ' per se.

12. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

Won't be reading the Telegraphs review or else I will get too wound up :) I can tell from the snippets I have unfortunately read here that he doesn't 'get' Star Trek.

13. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

That has nothing -- absolutely NOTHING -- to with my post, darthtom, and you know it.

Quit being a troll and contribute.

14. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

narrative cracks and dubious plot manouevres, in a film written by O., K. & L.? IMPOSSIBLE!

15. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

I wonder how long it'll take for people to latch on to that one review as the One True Review(TM) and say that everything else is a blatant lie or conspiracy by the government. Or something.

16. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

It's not about what is or isn't fictional. The problem is that I often see Trek fans treat it as if it's this law or ideal that Trek created and that it's some epitome of wisdom that should be followed just because it's espoused by the show, when in actuality the show has very little to say about it. It was just something tacked on as a merchandising tactic, not some grand idea that embodies what Star Trek is.

Instead, fans twist it to suit their own specific cases to make it say things like, "Everybody should appreciate that there are going to be different incarnations of Star Trek." If that's what fans are twisting IDIC to mean, that's bullshit. People are free to love Star Trek, hate it, or a mixture of both, and just because some half-baked toy marketing scheme says one thing, fans aren't beholden to that philosophy like it's some sort of dogma.

Go and look at the post I quoted and the usage of IDIC. "Practice IDIC." Practice? Really? I think you might want to reconsider before you start throwing terms around like idiotic or ignorant.

17. DarthTom

Come on man, get a sense of humor. If you take IDIC that seriously, a fictional religion from a fictional TV show, it's time to get some perspective IMO.

18. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

19. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't take IDIC seriously, I take stupidity and ignorance seriously.

Fine. I'll let it go. But stop calling me "man" when you know I'm not one.

*grabs sense of humor from top shelf and puts it back on*

20. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since the look of Klingons, in general, is well established, they would be the same in the Alternate Reality as the Prime Reality.

After all, they certainly existed prior to 2233.04.

I like his approach.