Q vs. Everyone Else in the Universe

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain McBain, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

The 'main' Q is somehow simultaneously challenged by every other being in the Star Trek universe: all humans, all Borgs, all Douwds, all Organians, Trelane, all Metrons, Nagilum, Edo god, etc., etc.

The other members of the Q are watching from the Continuum, but not interfering.

The team gets 40 months of prep time. Can they do anything to Q, or will they be easily defeated?

2. JessDD

JessDD Lieutenant Red Shirt

Q, FTW.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

*fingersnap*

They're GONE!

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Something interesting that I've noticed from the various Q episodes is, whenever someone (like Picard) has told Q to go away, within a short period of time he has.

One time he said something like, "I'm leaving because I choose to, not because you told me too."

This does make me wonder if Q has to go if directly told to do so, whether he wants to or not. If "everyone" were to simultaneously tell Q to go away, he just might cease to exist.

The Q continum has the main Q on a leash, it's a long leash but it's there. If he tried to snap a large group out of existence, he'd find himself naked and powerless again.

:)

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

He doesn't need to snap them out of existence, he can just send them really, really far away.

6. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Send them to the cornfield. :evil:

I think he'd be done in by carnivorous tribbles. What a way to go.

7. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Trelane could make the difference here.

What are the limits of his power again? Because if I remember correctly there was some speculation he WAS a Q

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

In a Peter David novel he was.

Kirk managed to render him powerless by destroying his amplifier machine, so his abilities were technology based.
    Trelane's parents seemed less bound by technology, but they didn't bother showing off either.

I think the strongest contenders might be the Organians.

By everyone else, even the Borg, Q would be pretty untouchable and the best the team can hope for is a stalemate.

9. Garrovick

Garrovick Commander Red Shirt

All you really need to do is give Lwaxana Troi either the power of an Organian or a Douwd and send her after Q - problem solved!

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yet they're oddly vulnerable to civil war muskets. :rolleyes:

11. Captain McBain

It seems that the general consensus is that Q is so far above the others that if he doesn't want them to exist, there's not much they can do about it. This is obvious in the case of Romulans, changelings, and androids, but Douwds, Organians, Trelane, Metrons, etc., are depicted as being very advanced. (Trelane had his machine but was still very advanced compared to humanoids.)

It would be interesting to note whether dispatching of a Douwd or Organian would be 'harder' for Q (even infinitesimally so), or if eliminating a very powerful being would be as simple as destroying a Tribble or a Kelvan.

Also, I wonder if the combined might of these beings could injure Q (however slightly). This is assuming that Q is somehow 'taken by surprise,' or whatever, and he just doesn't vanish them away immediately.

12. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

Stuff him into the TARDIS! Oh, wait, that would be a crossover wouldn't it? Besides, Q would just make one as big as a Borg cube appear and say "Mine's bigger on the outside!"

13. JessDD

JessDD Lieutenant Red Shirt

This is also assuming members of the Q Continuum would ever let an actual Q be injured.

Even when Q was going to destroy himself by taking out a shuttle and letting that energy field destroy him (can't remember the name of the episode off the top of my head), another Q stepped in and saved him.

One question I do have given recent scientific discoveries... Could the Q Continuum stop the implosion of the Universe?

Check that, I'll make a new thread out of it.

14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The implosion I think so--but it seems we are moving towards heat death or a big rip.

I think the Douwds have the best shot at the Q. The Organian attempt to stop conflict and the Excalbian attempts to foment it cancelled each other out, according to DC, leaving things freer.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain Robau wins:cool:

16. Captain McBain

The Excalbians weren't on the high-end of powerful beings in Star Trek. At least, nothing that was shown depicted them as such. Sure, they had strong mental abilities, but so did the Talosians. The Organians could easily defeat the Excalbians in a conflict. I doubt they would 'cancel out.'

17. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Lwaxana may not be powerful in her own right, but she seems to have the ablility to prevent others from doing anything about her...I think shed be immune to Q's powers....

18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

This topic assumes that the rest of the continuum can't interfere, they don't count.

Are all the other omnipotent beings part of this fight? Kevin Uxbridge, for instance? If the other omnipotent beings count, I think they could outnumber Q.

19. Captain McBain

Yes, it's literally every living being in Star Trek versus the main Q, with the other Q not willing or able to interfere. Even the tribbles are involved, though obviously they won't have any effect on the outcome.

Kevin Uxbridge was very powerful, but he wasn't omnipotent. If he were, then he could have dispatched of the Husnock quite easily, or transported his entire planet far from the warships, or made it invisible, etc. Why didn't he do these things?

20. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Because his pacifism didn't break until it was all over. But I suppose, he was unable to undo the destruction of his colony except by creating illusions.

But if he were to team up with neer-seen others of his kind, Transfigurations guy, the 10,000 omnipotent TOS creatures, the Traveler, all the Caretakers, and all the energy beings we ever met, I think Q could be contained.