All my ships in 1 place

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kaiser, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Trelane

Trelane Lieutenant Commander

That bites. I feel for you. I'm using "lite" internet at home & cityville on facebook hates anything except high-speed. Loads to 73% and stops.

I got told I wouldn't be working until Saturday at the end of this week (and, just as I thought my managers would,) they call me at the last possible second (as I'm out grabbing a burger and fries & enjoying Vancouver's brilliant summer days,) and leave me a message asking me to work at 8 am the next day. Well, thankfully its a morning shift and its cheap night ($6.00 for Adults, Kids, etc.) at Granville Six Theater, too. :) (Going to go see "Bad Teacher".) So, I don't have to worry about spending nine bucks on an unlimited 3-Zone transit day-pass just for the movie alone. I'm making ~some~ of that money back.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds Like your having a fun time :)

and Thanks :)

3. Trelane

I don't mean to be a jerk, but has there been any progress on the McKinley-Class (TMP-Era) NX-Class refit?

4. Kaiser

Have the template design to work from

I plan on working on it today or tomorrow :)

5. Trelane

This is what I had in mind for placement of New Orleans-Class "clusterf**k" torp launchers for the McKinley-Class.

http://www.trek-rpg.net/fileadmin/images/ships/new_orleans_top.gif

McKinley-Class (NX-Class Refit)

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/751/trelane1.png

I appreciate what you've done but I wasn't looking for the Danube-Class / Miranda-Class rollbar pod on the saucer section. I ~love~ the nacelles. They look appropriate to the rest of the ship as a TOS/TMP-era upgrade.

I want these phaser cannon emplacements in exactly the same spots (the ones under the "shoulders", ~not~ the one under the saucer,) as this Damascus-Class gunship.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/319/damascusfront.jpg

And maybe a docked module like this one for quick swap-out / replacement, ~not~ a full-on secondary hull.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2941/rescuehospitalangueira.jpg

I wish I had more views of this freight/fuel-tanker variant to help you.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2550/nx01refitlitefreight.png

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  6. Kaiser

Ok i'll work on it later tonight :)

7. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

Imaginative wasnt expecting the Trojan one thats for sure. Do you give reasons behind designs?

8. Kaiser

Well the Trojan Class was for my online friends who are Star Trek and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fans :) also some were for past artcontests here and tributes to some awesome cartoon characters of my childhood im 26 now :) also its very fun to use Vances ship tool kits :)

9. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

Do you ever design completely new craft as well?

10. Trelane

Kaiser,

If you want the McKinley-Class to keep 1 or 2 (multi-purpose) secondary hulls, why not dock them to the underside with side-by-side docking collars like this one?

[​IMG]

11. Kaiser

nope sorry im a kitbasher i take bit and pieces and add my own pieces if need be and make a design on MS Paint :)

12. ZericsKirogKirk

ZericsKirogKirk Ensign Newbie

Wow. that is very amazing job. :) keep it to up. :)

13. Trelane

Yep, this guy is pretty good at what he does. He just needs to keep his designs more streamlined without (excess) nacelles / weaponry / AWACS modules.

One more thing to all kitbashers, not just Kaiser: we need warp-capable freighters with nacelles and torpedo launchers, one set of Apollo-Class 'delta pods' on the ship's back, one or two Miranda-Class phaser cannon(s) embedded in the secondary hulls or fronts of the saucer sections like some of Sean Tourangeau's "mirror/terran-empire" designs.

(I'm really tired of the older Merchantman-Class & Anteres-Class freighter designs that look ~so~ amazingly easy to approach, board and/or destroy from a distance.)

i'd love to see someone come-up with a pic of the S.S. Belle Reve from the Shatnerverse, a ship disguised to look like a freighter, attached to Starfleet Black Op's under Captain James T Kirk in the Shatnerverse.

14. Kaiser

Did you see my Wal-mart Frieghter design already? :)

15. Trelane

I love the Walmart ship but I need to see a front view of that one, too. I would hike the lowest part of the ship right up against the belly of the "saucer" section. Is there 1 or 2 (side-by-side) cargo containers? I'd love to see the deflector, or is it like the Miranda-Class with multiple smaller systems that add up to the same as a deflector dish?

16. Kaiser

far as i know its 1 but i could be wrong since i didnt bother to do a front view but after im done with the current project i'll work on a front view of the Walmart Freighter :)

Also if the work im doing is needed for a website please let me know thru a pm please :)

17. Trelane

I was going to display your NX-Class refit(s) on my own fic webspace.

18. Kaiser

ok just make sure you give me credits for the work ^__^

and if ya like as payment you can send me some Pokemon TCG :) (no joke i've been collecting them since 1999)

19. Kaiser

huh i thought i posted it here but i guess not....
    [​IMG]

sorry if this design isnt that good to other people here :(

20. Trelane

Count on the site/image credit. I wouldn't know where to find ~anything~ Pokemon. sorry :(

I'm more into Score Magazine, or Juggs (Magazine).