Smallville: season 9

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Samurai8472, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I predict Welling will continue to stubbornly refuse to do his job as an actor.

I've said this before, but if this show was a bit younger I'd fire Welling and replace him.

2. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jor-El was able to selectively mind wipe Chloe so it is possible.

But the show is supposed be about him becoming Superman, not being Superman so I guess it doesn't really matter.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

My thoughts as well.

4. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Welling does well enough. BUT "NO TIGHTS AND FLIGHTS" BITES!*

*It's required to mention "no flights, no tights" whenever a Smallville thread appears.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Rosenbaum hints at returning for the series finale if the producers allow him to wear a bald cap

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/gay/lesbian/news/ARTICLE.php?AID=20197

Looks like we'll be getting a lot more nude body doubles.

Even Chris Judge got tired of shaving his head. I read it was painful.

6. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Rosenbaum will appear in the 2-part series finale "The Truth", in which Lex Luthor will reveal that he wore a bald cap the entire time. Also, Clark is a super soldier sent here to conquer humanity as revealed by Lionel Luthor, who is still alive and living in those Indian caves near Smallville. Then Lionel tells Clark and Lana that Darkseid will invade in 2012.

7. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

the show has made some good progress this season, and seemed like it was heading to its conclusion, Clark having taken the role of hero (even if its minus the Superman identity), a job at the Daily Planet (Lois being pretty much Lois) and I assume a massive stand off with Doomsday. I really hope S9 does not undone that progress and ruin a possibly epic S8 finale.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know. I kind of want them to wrap things at the end of this season...I read that they've been working on a big wrap up if they don't get a ninth season. I can understand Micheal's relunctance...

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'll admit - I'm going to hear it after I say this - I myself want the show to end this season. It has had a good run and I'd rather it go out on this storyline than any other. If it does go on though I hope they do something along the lines of Darkseid coming to Earth.

10. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

If they do, they have to cast Michael Ironside.

11. Admiral_Young

Too bad they've already cast him as General Sam Lane...they could use his voice with a CGI Darkseid. I could see a finale where Lex has somehow used Luthor Corp's resources in a bid to make contact with extraterristial life and it turns out to be Darkseid. Clark is forced to become Superman to stop him.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ It's been so long since he was last seen I doubt many people would notice.

13. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah...but the point is that I would and that's all that counts lol!

14. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Oh goody! Another season of him pining for Lana, flirting with Lois and doing all he can to not become Superman.

15. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

Smallville is good now! I'd love another season, why not? Who cares if he never wears the exact outfit, he can still become some kind of superman in this universe.

Terminator and Smallville. That's all I need to make me happy each week (until Lost and BSG come back on that is).

16. Admiral_Young

Kristen won't be back if there is a season nine so there won't be Lana to worry about. In fact I think that Lana's finale appearence is in Legion...she might have a couple more episodes but she's almost done anyways. Kristen has expressed displeasure in the past with her role in the series and wants to move onto other roles (i.e. Street fighter, etc).

Smallville is good so far...won't say now until we see the rest of the season. I would like to see things go out on a high note rather than risk sucking.

17. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

Hmmm...wonder if she'll be Insect Queen in that one? ;)

18. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I can see Rosenbaum's point. He has not formally agreed to comeback. But the body doubles are giving the impression that he will be back soon. If it goes for a 9th and he comes back for the series finale that is a long time from now! TPTB don't seem to know what to do with Lex next anyways.

19. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Rosenbaum, as much as I like him as a character, is stretching his point.

The character Lex Luthor is a huge huge part of the Superman mythos, the show has every right to depict the character any way they choose. Rosenbaum decides to leave the show, he doesn't get to decide what happens to his character.

If they want to bring back Lex with a new actor and say he had plastic surgery, more power to them as long as they get a good actor. Rosenbaum did a great job, but it shouldn't go to his head.

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

You are missing the point! They have no intention of replacing him. This is just a stand-in, a place holder for him. If it was about recasting the part they could have done so this season.