Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

You know there's a movie that goes with these trailers that would have both scenes in them, right? They didn't remove the Jor-El scenes from the movie.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Re: MOS/Hardee's Commercial

The superman movies have always been giant advertising commercials

Superman 1 had Cheerios. Superman 2 had Marlboro, coca cola and KFC

The Carl's jr commercial was even directed by zack synder

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another tv spot. Can't wait for this movie.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXOqXVSRZrQ[/yt]

and one recorded from tv

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR-QPvSdOAc[/yt]

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You know I was just judging the trailers, right? I haven't said anything about the movie being good or not.

5. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Did that TV spot have Jor-El talking to Hobo Clark (I will always refer to stupid beared Superman as hobo clark, even though he most likely isn't actually a hobo)? Also, is the promotional stuff for the movie just going out of its way to remind me of its stupidest scene any of the trailers/tvspots had (Johnathon Kent: Supporter of child drowning)?

As for the trailer, I'm not a fan of the stupid tV interference stuff, like someone is giving you a message through your TV. Zod wanting Superman so much (instead of just ruling the world) is kind of weird (so is him somehow having an army or tech instead of just him using superpowers to be evil) but I won't count that against the trailer since the movie could have a bunch of legitimate reasons for Zod wanting him and seeming to have an army/dangerous tech.

When it comes to the makers of the movie, I've lightened a little bit on Nolan (damn Inception and Memento for being awesome) but this movie still doesn't look very good. It would be hilarious if I don't like it more because of Snyder's influence instead of Nolan's. That said, its still giving me a Dark Knight/Rises vibe, and the action scenes aren't really taking away from that. Also, I just thought of this, what happened to Jor-El just being a genius scientist? Does everyone need to be an action hero in this? I wonder if Lois will pick up some fallen soldiers rocket launcher and start attacking the bad guys :shifty: Some of the scenes in the trailer also make it look like its trying (poorly) to rip off the avengers, but thats probably just the trailer editing, I hope. Its not going to beat Avengers, it doesn't have the talent in any area to do that. I hope its not trying to rip it off with the alien invasion.

So, its for the Michael Bay/JJ Abrams crowd? :rommie:

6. SalvorHardin

The trailers need more hobo Superman

[​IMG]

7. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

That is awesome. If thats the kind of stuff that Clark goes through, I'd actually be excited for MoS :lol:

8. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: MOS/Hardee's Commercial

Anyone else seeing Gary Cole? :lol:

9. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

There is seriously a Superman comic for every situation, isn't there?

10. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Superman fights crime as a hobo?! Someone give that comic to Craig Ferguson, QUICK!

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not necessarily but that particular trailer was certainly catered towards more traditional 'action' fans.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

These TV spots have me wondering. Doe Jor-El survive the demise of Krypton or is he a halogram like in the original series of Superman movies?

14. Admiral_Young

I'm assuming he is a hologram...although a "hardlight" hologram instead of the kind of ghost like one in the Donner Verse. I keep repeating myself...but June can't get here soon enough!

15. SalvorHardin

Let's see how this one is received.:cool:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsiuIflyVrw[/yt]

16. Gojira

I hope it is a hardlight hologram. I would hope, in the name or realism, that it is ahologram with limited abilities like in the movie I Robot. But if not, that's ok too.

17. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

In the name of realism? In a film about flying super-gods?

18. Gojira

Snyder is on record saying that one of the premises of the movie is "how would we respond and what would it be like if this was really happening?"

19. Admiral_Young

It's advanced alien technology, so yeah I think we can assume that it will be some kind of solid holographic projection.

I particularly love the shot in the 8th TV spot where Jor-El opens up his robe to reveal the family crest and says "This symbol stands for hope." Just brilliant. I have a feeling that Crowe is just going to be on the button as Jor-El.

20. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I would think that is about the emotional reactions because there is no way around the fact that the subject matter is inherently stupid from a scientific perspective.