Any Starhunter fans around?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bigdaddy, Apr 23, 2011.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I recently bought the first season on Starhunter at Target for $4.75. I love Target. Anyways all I know about the show is there is Starhunter and then Starhunter 2300 which got fucked up.

So is the show any good? Does the first season end on a cliffhanger? I want some opinions of the show without huge spoilers.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love both series. Starhunter 2300 is the better of the two seasons. The second season is restructured and was retconned a bit. You'll understand what I mean when you get to it.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I got the first season at a second hand store for $10 a year or so ago. Watched the whole thing. I will say this and it's not spoiler-y. I almost gave up on it 5-7 episodes or so in(maybe a few more). It seemed like every episode was going to be a stand alone but around the midpoint some pieces started coming together. They did have an overarching theme that takes a quite awhile to reveal itself.

Overall I found it substandard sci-fi. I'd rank the entire season as about a C- grade. Honestly, I can't recall if season one ends on a cliffhanger or not, it's been that forgettable in large part for me.

4. Admiral_Young

Season one ends on a pseudo-cliffhanger. According to the actor who plays Rudolpho, the story goes that they had six scripts done for a season three but lost their funding so Space canceled the series. Season one...is average and can be skipped. The second season as I mentioned is much more stronger.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

So how would you grade S2 or Starhunter 2300 Admiral Young?

Not to skew your thinking but if it's a B grade or better I'll seek it out at some point.
    I mean his niece would be worth it if nothing else, right? ;)

6. bigdaddy

Yeah I read up on the fact Canada, USA and Britain wanted more episodes but something happened to stop a season 3.

I figured for $5 I'd try it out. 2300 is on Netflix while season one is not. Go figure.

7. Admiral_Young

I'd give Season Two a strong B +. I loved it compared to the first season. It's much more of a conventional science fiction series. There's an actual series long plot...and yes Tanya Allen who plays Percy is stunning :)

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I liked S1 too, there's alot of Universe and Mythology built up. My DVD set though, has the episodes in random order, up to about ep 7.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't watched it myself, but they do have both seasons of this on Hulu. I stumbled across it a couple months ago while looking through it's Sci-Fi section.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:bolian:

11. Admiral_Young

^ My best friend swears that he saw her at the UBC concourse one time lol.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I never heard of this before. I take it this never aired in the USA? Hunh... the entire series in on Hulu for free, not Hulu Plus. Maybe I'll try the pilot.

13. bigdaddy

It's on Hulu? I could have saved $5. :lol:

I think it aired in the USA because it was listed in the Wiki page about wanting a third season.

14. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Liked the first season but the completely revamped second season makes me glad there isn't a third one.