Can Someone Explain Silent Hill Homecoming To Me?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mr Light, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I saw this movie once in theater, and admitedly fell asleep towards the end, but I just watched it again on DVD and... it still doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain the plot?

In the first movie, the Silent Hill people were Christian fundamentalists. Now, they're a cult trying to bring about the birth of some demonic pagan god.

In the first movie, the Silent Hill people burn Alessa because she was a witch and a bastard child. In this movie, they were... making her the incarnation of their god? So why did they burn her alive then?

Is this pagan god supposed to the demon that Alessa is, or something good? If it's supposed to be something good, why is Alessa so demonic and evil?

If the leader of the cult is really the razor blade head woman, the one that was attacking the girl in the real world, what was the point of those terrorizing attacks on her?

If the cult hired the private eye to find the girl, why did razor-head-woman, who we learn is the leader of the cult, kill him?

Who are the people that Pyramid Head were chopping the hands off of? And why didn't the rest of them stick their hands back inside after he chopped off the first guy's hands?

When the girl rips the gas mask off the cultist in the amusement park, why does it kill him? Everybody else breathes the darkness air just fine.

What exactly happens when the girl "defeats" Alessa? Does she absorb her into her, or destroy her, and how does she suddenly have this power?

During the credits... why is the mannequin spider attacking the nurses?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Silent Hill: Homecoming is the fifth game in the Silent Hill series. You're thinking of Silent Hill: Revelations 3D.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yes, sorry :lol: there's no thread title edit

5. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

New leadership, new goals.

In the games' lore, pain and negative emotions nurture the god growing inside of her. The more, the better. So they burned her alive.

No, definitely evil.
    To cause some juicy amounts of fear and anger.

Tying up loose ends, I suppose.

Maybe he had a condition.

I think the game leaves it up to interpretation. In the bad ending, Heather turns into evil Alessa and kills Douglas.
    Why she has that power? I guess it's because Alessa is the other half of her soul.

No idea. Didn't watch the credits.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

thanks! is it a literal adaptation of one of the games?

7. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For the most part yes. It's an adaptation of the third game. Much closer to the game, in fact, than the first movie was to the first game.
    There are still a few changes, though. For example, in the game, Claudia has Harry killed, so Heather would come to her to avenge him. Since revenge is a bad thing, this would birth the god growing inside Heather.
    Also, the final boss fight is different, since Heather (being the player character) fights that thing. Pyramid Head doesn't show up in SH 3.