Nolan 'Unsure' about Batman Sequel

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Oct 28, 2008.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Ha. Not quite.

At this point I'm pretty confident Nolan will return for another installment. I've heard rumors circulating that part of his deal to direct Inception was the "guarantee" that he direct the next Batman -- nothing concrete, but something more along the lines of, "We'll do this movie if you do this movie". Under the table type stuff.

Regardless of Internet conjecture, I think Nolan will do a third. I'd honestly be surprised if he didn't. He already mapped out a trilogy with co-scribe David Goyer. Of course those plans are going to need to be revised in light of Heath Ledger's untimely death, but then again those plans were altered anyway with the "supposed" ending of The Dark Knight.

I can see the appeal of doing one last "hurrah", one last attempt to out-do himself. It's a fantastic challenge. Then again Nolan had an even bigger challenge at resurrecting a dead franchise and he succeeded there. He defied expectations. Twice. So I think he can pull it off one more time. I have faith in him. I've honestly not been disappointed with any of his films. He's the type of filmmaker that just keeps on getting better and better with every film he does, and the moment you hear his name attached to a project, no matter if you know anything about the project or not, you get instantly and automatically excited.

Bring it on, I say.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I din't know if anyone knew but TDK crossed the $1 billion mark, for so long it was no near we all thought it wouldn't...

3. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A third Batman movie will be made regardless. Hollywood never puts quality above greed, haha.