Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Janitor, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yup, that's the one. It was a long time ago, but I think it did a brief UK tour before it came to London which is where I saw it.

Was OK, but it wasn't worth the ticket price.

People starting to grumble on the Shamasters forum about the lack of new guests, particularly higher quality ones. I can't believe they seriously think they're going to get any. :lol:

2. tubular_trekkie

tubular_trekkie Ensign Newbie

I remember going to an exhibition called 'Star Trek: The Adventure' about 10 years ago in London's Hyde Park. It had a roped-off TOS bridge and a TNG bridge that you could walk around as well as sit in the command chairs. I quite enjoyed seeing it, I have to say.

And I do think this convention WILL HAPPEN. The idea that no-one will show up and the event won't come off at all is a bit fanciful, wouldn't you say?
    It'll probably be like an overpriced Collectormania or LFCC though. Lots of queues, lots of crowds, lots of waiting around to see glimpses of celebrities and lots of money changing hands for whatever 'entertainment' is on offer. Okay if you've got limitless funds, otherwise probably not.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  3. Admiral Bear

I vaguely remember that TNG bridge set. Actually, I remember being herded through it at break neck speed, and staff stopping you from sitting in the chairs.

The photoshoots at DSTL will be a completely unknown quantity and quality given that Shamasters have dispensed with Malcolm and his other staff. No one should pay for photoshoot tickets with cash. If the photo isn't of sufficient quality, or you don't get it at all which has happened to people after LFCC, you can claim back from your card provider instead of having to take Joiner to court.

4. Admiral Bear

The departure of Malcolm and his staff made it on to the Shamasters forum, however all posts have been deleted by Joiner and the thread locked.

Am loving the complete lack of information and Stalinist manner in which this event is (isn't) being run. Even complaint posts on the DSTL facebook page went south overnight.

With Scott Bakula presumably having is Liberace film shooting soon (he's grown the 70's tache and sideburns), I can see him not being available for DSTL. Would give Joiner the perfect excuse. Patrick Stewart is also cancelling upcoming appearances as he has filming commitments.

Also, hilarious that after Joiner told Garrett Wang to go spit, the MD of Media 10 is on Twitter trying to tap up Bill Bailey to present the opening ceremony, yup, you know that thing that no will be able to get in to because Media 10 & Shamasters won't put the effing tickets on sale, and can't even seem to decide if they want to let the poor day ticket plebs in anyway.

Despite the fact I saw all this coming, you still couldn't make it up.

5. Flibble

Flibble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I missed all of this. Why was Malcolm and his staff fired?

6. Admiral Bear

That's not been disclosed, however you can likely pick from either Shamasters cost cutting, or that Malcolm paid for some of the appalling quality photoshoots that were taken by his trainees at LFCC.

7. Admiral Bear

An email update apparently due tomorrow.

Now, don't everyone rush at once.

The tickets are being sent out in 4 weeks time, and so far there are:

No ticket sales for the Opening Ceremony/Five Captains talk
    No ticket sales for the Bridge photoshoot.
    No publically announced information on what Bridge set will be used for the photoshoot.
    No information on stunt shows.
    No ticket sales for stunt shows (assuming they're a paid for "extra" event, but who the fuck knows)
    And WTF will "Multiple stages for varied programming" be? Ah yes, must be Joiner speak for "fuck all".

8. Admiral Bear

Prices for the opening ceremony and 5 Captains talk tickets have just gone on sale.

£95!!!

I fell off my chair! And they're not even on sale until next month. So that's £29 just to get in, and another £95 to see an hour long talk.

Shamasters can fuck right off.

Still no Bridge photoshoot ticket announcement. Appalling.

9. tubular_trekkie

tubular_trekkie Ensign Newbie

I know!! £95? :wtf: Way, way too expensive IMO. I was expecting maybe £50 or £60 (and even that I would've baulked at), but this is crazy. Not at all worth it; glad I decided not to go. Phew! What a lucky escape.

10. Admiral Bear

It's not as if many people will be there on the Friday afternoon anyway. Looks like this will be the emptiest opening ceremony in history, but then I wouldn't have expected that clueless dolt Joiner to price the tickets at a level that would get people through the door and fill the place up a bit. Shows how few of the silver and gold packages have been sold if the pay on the day punters are having to subsidise the event to this level. And with the tickets only going on sale 2 weeks before they're posted out, it makes you wonder what exactly Joiner's up to.

And if wanted to be really cynical, I'd say main series actors have been told not to say that they're not coming. The same person has trolled the usual sites saying that Brent Spiner has said he's attending, quoting some obscure web chat. Well, along with pretty much everything else, Brent hasn't been announced. All smacks of Michael Dorn's "wouldn't miss it for the world" tweet months ago. Haven't seen him on the guest list either.

Manu whatshisface and Eddie Paskey announced today are just pathetic announcements. And to have the cheek to fill up space on the flyer with Nana, Rene and Alice as "new guests" when they were announced weeks ago shows what little Media 10 and Shamasters have to say about this event.

This event is what quite a few people had it nailed as right from the start. A money making scam. Except, it looks like Joiner will be running it at a mahoooosive loss. Rumour is he's only sold 50 tickets for Lords of Time which smelt like a DSTL fundraiser.

I think I've now formally abandoned any plans I had to go to this half baked scam.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  11. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I rather doubt that, the hotel has sold out of allocated rooms.

Were it that few cancellation would have been cheaper.

Tennant excluded the guest list is rather missing the target though.

12. Admiral Bear

Did Joiner do a Doubletree and buy up a load of rooms at the Metropole so he could flog them to the gullible at double the hotel's usual rate?

I didn't know Lords of Time had a guest list. I thought the event title was code for "An evening with Tennant". It beggars belief there are people on the Shamasters forum who've paid £200 for gold tickets, lapping up the shit that Joiner's serving them. Same goes for that Bitten event. Talk about being in denial.

As for today's Media 10 release, it's shown Joiner up to the lying piece of shit that he is. After all, about 2 weeks ago he did say that Opening Ceremony/talk tickets would be available to buy in a "couple of days".

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  13. Rarewolf

I don't think Convention Hotel rates are higher than the hotel's usual prices - usually lower, or include meals - but I never spend that sort of cash on a hotel room, unless its the only option. But the rates aren't bad if you want a double. I just need a single.

14. Sandalphon

Sandalphon Cadet Newbie

How many allocated rooms do you think there were?

15. Admiral Bear

Joiner is behaving oh so very reputably again. Great to see the shyster making himself look good in front of CBS and Paramount. *snigger*

Stupid twat even deleted his own post about Laura Vandervoort finally officially being cancelled for one of his events, along with everything else in the thread.

16. Rarewolf

Correction, he said he deleted it, and all those negative posts where people were saying he couldn't see what they were unhappy about.

In actual fact, if you click the old thread link, it says the page is moderator password protected. It's just been moved to their private section.

17. Admiral Bear

Deleted / moved to the mod section both equal removed from public view which might as well equal deleted. At the end of the day, the twat doesn't want anyone reading posts about his appalling and illegal behaviour, or his own posts about telling people to basically take a hike when he tries to rip them off. Have seen that someone posting elsewhere has said they're reporting him to Trading Standards.

About bloody time too.

18. Rarewolf

Not quite, I read his 'deleted' as I accidentally deleted all your valid claims by accident. Not quite true.

19. Admiral Bear

Well, he's certainly deleted them all now, and he's said so.

I so want to see him prosecuted. It would make my life.

20. Admiral Bear

Oh my, the man child has had yet another meltdown. He's clearly under huge stress with all these customers he's trying to rip off.

noone is stopping you from leaving this forum "the prisoner" and frankly i am sick of all this kicking off over nothing and the way people think they can just say anything they like and it dose not come back on them , i am sorry we do keep the posts we have to remove , and its funny how some of the people that past some of the worst stuff are the ones that complain the most about having posts removed , if people were a bit nicer on here and with each other then it would be a much better place , this form is for letting people know about the shows and the guest not to have a pop at the mods us or each other , some people on here need to just chill out have a bit more fun and take life a bit less sirues , if you think i am going to let one or two of you keep on hijacking these section and keep on about freedom of speace and wast all our time you have another thing coming .

i am going to leave this so you can all read this then guess what i am going to clear this as NOTHING is coming from all this drama and i just do not have any more time to deal with this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.