Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Kathryn J., Dec 25, 2011.

1. Kathryn J.

Kathryn J. Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

http://www.change.org/petitions/pocket-books-bring-back-admiral-kathryn-janeway-to-star-trek-voyager

Here is a new petition to sign for all who want to get Janeway back to Trek universe a member of our Bring back Janeway Facebook group had started yesterday.

You have to fill in a really small form completely, but it works too if you add e.g. "sorry, my secret" instead of the address if you don't want to share it there.
    But it shouldn't contain only nonsense, because Pocket Books gets a notification email about every signing in to our petition and then it won't be taken seriously.

Every Janeway fan is very welcome to join our Facebook group Bring Back Kathryn Janeway.

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Why are you people still at it? :Cardie:

3. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

We are still at it because that is the way you get what you want. You Don't Give Up, period. I've been doing this three or four years now, I will never give up. It took us ten years to get the original Star Trek back but we did and we will get this.

This is going to happen, you can bet on it.

4. Kathryn J.

Kathryn J. Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'd suggest to you: Simply accept that other people have another opinion and other imaginations about Trek than you.
    Either sign in here when you are agreeing or don't when you aren't: It is so simple.
    Save your time and power to spend it on other places.

This petition is running no matter if anybody here says "good" or "crap" to it. It is not depending on anybody's agreement or comments HERE, because it is an action of the members of MY Facebook group.

I do know that there are lots of people going to sign this no matter if you or anybody else tries here to put them or all of us down.

We are not "you people", we are Star Trek fans with the same rights you're claiming for you.

I'm not farther commenting this.

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Think about it.

If fans didn't agitate 40 years ago, we wouldn't have a TNG or DS9 or Voy or Ent board.

NEVER give up! :techman:

NEVER surrender! :bolian:

To INFINITY... and Simon Schuster, and BEYOND!!!!! :p

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Their lives are empty without their fictional bipolar excuse of a captain apparently.

7. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

It didn't work for Kirk. It ain't gonna work for Janeway.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What do you mean it didn't work for Kirk?

I read those awful "return" novels.

Some of them.

At least 5.

Shatner brought Kirk back.

Now, what if Mulgrew said that she wanted to write Janeway novels?

9. Chuckling

Chuckling Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This is a great idea! I don't have one of the novels to hand with the information but why don't you guys contact Kate via her website and send her the contact details of the editor involved at Simon And Shuster with this idea?

Good going Guy! :bolian:

Chuckling :lol:

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Trek Lit is probably a better place for this. Otherwise this is just full of spoilers.

11. Finn

First of all, Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion. Also, I did not care for Janeway's demise (at least how she died) in the novels from what I've heard.

But for years, trekkies had complained about the "red-shirt" sydrome where they would kill off characters we don't know. They did this to Carey on Voyager to stop killing off one-time characters while entire senior staff survives the trip home.

One of these days, they should be free to kill off a Captain if it is well written. I suppose people would be cheering if they killed off Harry Kim or somehow have Neelix suffer a horrible death.

I remember how the novels used to be written with their own canon when I was a kid. I think some of those novels were better back then. I think one should be free to write a novel where Janeway never got on that Borg cube with permission from Paramount without being consistent with other novels.

Plus there are too many issues out there that needs attention than a fictional character in a novel. I'm willing to bet that most trekkies (most of them are casual or a bit more than that) aren't aware of Janeway's death in the novels.

And I don't think this is the same as brining back the TOS cast for the movies.Those actors are real and a whole bunch of people liked seeing them together. Novels is a different matter. There are too many problems and petitions that require more attention than this. This is not worth 10 years. Civil rights, attention to better medical treatments, or safety issues in buildings and things like that...sure. But not a fictional character in a novels that most people don't know about.
    :shrug:

12. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

Books aren't canon. Admiral Janeway is alive and well from her last appearance in NEM.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or because of Nero, she's never going to born.

14. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

^At least in one timeline perhaps. ;)

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

So, he did at least do the universe one favour.

16. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I've personally never understood why some people have such a hard time dealing with the death of FICTIONAL characters. It just seems odd to me. The obsession of the Janeway Jihadis is just strange. The caracter is dead in ONE version of Trek...and one that they constantly remind us is NOT canon. So why the obsession? Just read something else where she is alive. Instead of demanding that she be resurrected, why not simply demand that the publisher release books that take place during the 7 years in the Delta Quadrant. There is simply no need to bring her back when as a fictional character they can just tell more stories about her set prior to her death. Plenty of people are enjoying the post Janeway Voyager stories. Why ruin it for them?

See what I've observed is that there is a core group of people that are so obsessed with this character that they cannot fathom that there are people that are enjoying the story without her. Its worth noting again that Janeway is still a blight on the STO universe and is alive and kicking in lots of fan fiction. For all we know she is annoying people in the 24th Century of the JJverse. So why MUST she be in TrekLit as well. Why can't that be the one place where she is not alive?

If Kate Mulgrew wants to come along and do her own version of the 24th Century with Janeway as reigning empress of the universe, I'm sure the publishers would give her her own line so that it did not intersect with the mainline of novels (just as they've done with Shatner). But I suspect that this would not satisfy the Jihadis either.

17. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It doesn't matter if she's brought back in the books, canonically she returned home to an alternate timeline where temporal infractions are tolerated by Starfleet. Or at least that's my theory.

18. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Nothing has really changed from when you were "a kid".

There are still standalone ST novels that don't link up with the continuity of other novels, standalone trilogies and groups of novels ("Crucible" and "Rihannsu"), sagas of novels that bring characters back from canonical deaths (Shatner's set of nine hardcovers) and novels that disagree with each other (eg. in "Genesis Wave" saga, Nurse Ogawa's only child is female and, in the "Titan" series, the child is male).

There's nothing to stop an author pitching a Janeway story in which her death in the other 24th century Relaunch novels is ignored. For example, there is already the novelization of "Star Trek Online: The Needs of the Many", in which Janeway is alive long after Romulus is destroyed.

19. Finn

^ why the "kid"?

20. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I was quoting you; you mentioned you were "a kid". Not my choice of description and no idea how young you were at the time so I was careful to use quotation marks.