Galaxy Class Starships 20 years later, What changes Occur ?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by DumbDumb2007, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Mister_Atoz

Mister_Atoz Commander Red Shirt

Re: Galaxy Class Starships 20 years later. What changes Occu

looks like something from the SFB universe where your ship can't be badass without at least five nacelles

2. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

Not bad, but I think the saucer impulse engines could be toned and slimmed down a bit. One port per instead of two, that design is a bit of overkill. The nacelles and surface details look good though.

I'd say the bridge(s), warp and impulse drives and reactors, deflectors, weapons, computer cores and sensor systems would be very likely to get an overhaul every decade or so. The ship is very much a modular design, so there isn't much limit to what you could do with the ship in a refit.

3. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

New bridge module with a small transporter in the aft section.
    A saucer-mounted pod (similar to Reliant & Southerland) with a weapons array and a pair of warp engines

4. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Any changes to the Galaxy-Class, I feel, would be internal rather than external. IIRC, the Tech Manual states that the class's interior is interchangeable and can be outfitted for a number of mission profiles.

5. Blueicus

Blueicus Captain Captain

I personally feel that the Galaxy class has a certain majesty (No offense, but I feel that the design that melds with the E-E to be pretty hideous) that no refit has ever improved upon.

6. James Wright

James Wright Commodore Commodore

The Galaxy class may look the same as it did in TNG with improvements made to ship systems, these ships were meant to serve for a long time before any major refit.
    Why change a design that works!?

JDW

7. PhotoM

PhotoM Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Like others had said "Warp!" for the Saucer. The whole concept for the Separation was not for battle but for civilian safety. Well that does a hell of alot of good if the battle session flies off and gets defeated and leaves the saucer at impulse. To be picked off later. Even if its a small drive that only makes warp 5.

Also landing and take off again for the saucer would be great. Some torpedos would be pretty easy to install.

Beyond that I'm sure system upgrades like Quantum torpedo and faster computers would be a give in.

Oh yea something that stops those nasty occasional exploding consoles that injures and kills so many a year;) Maybe surge protectors. I think Walmart The Next Generation has them.

8. James Wright

James Wright Commodore Commodore

There are torpedoes and the launcher to fire them already in the saucer section, just look at the blueprints of the Enterprise-D.

JDW

9. Philo

Philo Commodore Commodore

Indeed.

Yeah, some landing legs might be advantageous. ;)

10. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I prefer the Frontier-Class & its' internet varients of the Galaxy-Class.

[​IMG]

11. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's a rather nice attempt.