What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I played AC2 and Brotherhood virtually back-to-back and it was a great experience.

Probably the only criticism I could hold against Brotherhood is that even its blatantly cliffhanger-y ending didn't manage to make me care about subsequent games in the franchise - which, given the response to Revelations and AC3, probably wasn't even a bad thing :lol:

I'm very much looking forward to playing Black Flag, however (which I'm content to wait for until I'm getting a NextGen console).

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I've enjoyed all of the Assassin's Creed games to a greater or lesser extent and have half thought out features that add little or nothing but even at their worst they're usually playable.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I've enjoyed all the AC games so far... some more, some less. Despite it's flaws, I really enjoyed AC. AC2, AC:B and AC:R were all a lot of fun. AC3 was my least favourite and I absolutely loved AC4. I had so much with the naval section of the game.

4. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now that the bugs are fixed, I've descended into Gotham for an "Origin" story. See what I d...., ah nevermind.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ :lol:

I'm playing DATEV right now. Accounting is fun!

6. Bob The Skutter

The Bureau: Xcom Declassified. Not sure what I think yet. Feels like a half baked idea.

7. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Titanfall PC Beta. So good. COD borderline obsolete in one fell swoop. That fuckwit Bobby Kotick should have just paid the talent and left Infinity Ward alone to do their thing :lol:

8. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Portal 2 - had this for a year and only now got around to playing it (hooray for snow days?). Anyway, brilliant game.

9. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Game boy)
    King's Bounty: The Legend (PC)
    Neutopia (TurboGrafx-16)

I'm still playing Toki Tori, but the late game hard levels are rather tricky. After spending over an hour staring at a single screen with no progress I decided I needed a break from the game.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I'm actually enjoying Assassin's Creed 3 more than I expected, given the reception it got overall...

Wonder what this year's game will be - it's supposed to be announced in the coming week. I must be about the only person who *doesn't* want it to be a Japanese/Samurai/Ninja game, basically cos then it just be Tenchu Z redux.

I'd really like to see 19th Century London - and maybe Paris too, for the Eiffel Tower. Victorian London has both Spring-Heel Jack and Jack The Ripper going for it...

11. selina

selina Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is it a good game? Judged by the trailer, it looks horrible.

Do you mean a new Assassin's Creed game? Assassin's Creed IV was just released ... I'm not sure if there will be a new game soon. But who knows ...
    If you are open to other genres, I think you should check out the new Sherlock Holmes adventure game that will be released this year. Trailer

I started playing Borderlands 2 a few days ago since I am at home with a terrible cold. Usually I don't like shooters but at the moment I'm doing a little analysis why there are exceptions and why I find certain shooters more appealing than others. I admid, Borderland 2 is quite funny :D.

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yeah, I mean the Assassin's Creed game for this November.

13. selina

Ah, alright. I wasn't aware that they were already working on a new game.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I felt the same when Black Flag came out. It felt like they had just released AC3; I had no idea they had another one in the works.

15. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

King's Bounty is not appealing to me at all. I knew going in that it was a Strategy RPG, but there's far too much RPG in my strategy game. I want to play a turn-based strategy game without time-wasting RPG elements. No story, no talking to NPCs, no exploring. no quests, etc. Just me and the game.

Maybe Jagged Alliance 2? I'm not sure.

16. selina

Yes, the developers must be really busy bees *has mental image of people who live, eat, sleep and shower in their offices*.

17. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

In a nutshell, it's basically Puzzle Quest in the Doctor Who setting. I got into it after being swept up in the whole 50th Anniversary celebrations late last year, but ended up staying for the addictive gameplay and the great fan community.

18. Bob The Skutter

The head of Ubi has said they may start doing more than 1 game a year.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/re...4-series-under-massive-re-scope/1100-6416807/

19. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After not touching it for about a year I'm back in the Witcher 2 to finally get Act 1 done and work towards finishing the game.

20. selina

Such "line work" can significantly influence the quality of games. I hope they take the time they need.

The Witcher games are awesome. I'm a huge fan. They have a level of maturity that I miss in other role playing games (although Dragon Age and Skyrim are very good games, too). But The Witcher games feature a dirtier world and therefore the player is often put in a position where he can only choose between the lesser of two evils. Also, the plot changes based on the players choices to such an extent that you get different levels to play. I hope you enjoy it.