J. Ryan Speaks About Her ‘Intentionally Unpleasant’ Experiences on VOY

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by SPCTRE, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Re: J. Ryan Speaks About Her ‘Intentionally Unpleasant’ Experiences on

Or my medication.

2. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Having been raised in the LA area (born in Los Angeles' Kaiser Sunset Hospital--in the unincorporated area of, that's right, Hollywood--and raised in Pasadena), I assure you and everyone else, there are literally millions of people in the Greater LA Area wholly uninvolved in show business, who lead normal lives. In fact, I think that, by the time I was 30, I had met only one or two people.

3. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

.. Yea i am..Im on day 5.. the " Get the fyck over it" stage :techman:

innit tho lol.. Its so freshing their are some smart people in the world who finds it just a laugh and there are those who insist on share over reaction. Expressing my views on the K/J situation is classed as Stalkerish??? What am i going to do - write a love letter and sign one from Kate to Jeri and vica versa.. Yep! thats stalking alright

Oh im sure their are . I have travelled throughout LA and have meet some real down to earth people . Im referring to the part where i went Rodeo Drive where facelifts are done to such an excess . I dont know whether im looking at a life size walking butt or someones face-Hollywood. :). Airheads and egotistical hermits in my opinion..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I going to have to change my name? :eek:

Melakon... :rolleyes:
    Did you ever watch "Soapdish" with Sally Field? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102951/?ref_=nv_sr_2 If so, Kate Mulgrew was kind of the real-life version of Sally's character. She had a daughter and gave her up for adoption. IIRC, they reconnected early in the run of Star Trek Voyager, and NO I'm not suggesting she's Jeri's Mom. Janeway IS Seven's Mom but Kate is simply Jeri's colleague.

5. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I too, also wondered why. I would have been kicking my feet with laughter had your version aired. :lol:

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still have to buy Born With Teeth. I was also wondering what JRulez was wondering.

7. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hurry up, cakes. People keep blabbing more excerpts. And the lucky ones who got advanced copies are starting lines with, "I don't want to say too much, but..." me: lalalalalallala. Stop giving snippets. Kate's publisher released a page and I refuse to read it. I don't want to know shat, (yes, typo on purpose) until I'm done on my own. To each their own :-)

8. teacake

Well I'm not all that into actors believe it or not, I probably would put it off indefinitely if it wasn't for the daughter part.

I was just at booktopia too but I was ordering SW fiction. Okay I will get it and read it, JUST for this forum :)

9. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

"You're like the others - you see me as a threat."

10. JanewayRulz!

You were wondering if I should change my name? :confused:

Or were you wondering when / why Kate chose to end the memoir where she did? ;)

As for the book, I'm waiting for "someone" to realize it would make a wonderful birthday present for me this year. :rolleyes:

I hate to tell you... but that is NOT a typo. :p

https://www.google.com/#q=define+shat

11. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Truth is...
    ...I was brain fried idiot that day.

12. teacake

Did it have a y in it? DID IT?!

:: pats melakon gently ::

Melakon I am making you a cup of coke, it is a great big cup and there is some crushed ice in it but not too much. Because that would cause undue dilution.

JRulez I'm just wondering how much about the daughter there is in the book.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's always a fine line we're walking with dat crushed ice.

14. JanewayRulz!

15. teacake

Okay I will dig myself out from under the Jedi and read KM.

16. Janeway7trulv

It is wonderful that she has finally is in a place of calm and has a great relationship with her daughter. Her daughter looks nothing like her i might add. She appears to be mixed. I wonder if the father is this guy[​IMG]

Danielle looks a lot like him and he appears to be either Italian/ Greek or Iranian

She mentioned her Memoirs will be focused on the people that mean so much to her. Surprised Beltran was featured in there after Beltrans hatred for the show and at times appears to resent Mulgrew. It seems they have put their differences aside - enough for her to be considered to be important enough to be featured in her memoir

17. Janeway7trulv

In reference to the topic at hand and someones earlier comment about Ryan/Mulgrew never starting out as friends. Here is an interview given by Mulgrew in the Star Trek Monthly Nov 98 issue entitled Kate Confides in reference to her relationship with Ryan

"Although we also have a warm relationship, she and i, which Jeri and i share. I think there's much to be explored here. I think i know what Brannon's saying. He's talking about a screen chemistry,and im all for that. I certainly think Seven has a wonderful and curious strength on camera, which stimulates Janeway. There's something sort of physical about both of us that works in a challenging way, so i'd love to see that continue"

Also in the same interview she said
    "Jeri's a good ole' gal from Chicago, you know , and i'm an Iowa girl, so we laugh together and she's a sport. I think she had a tough year. She has a lot on her plate, and i think she does very well with Seven and i like her"

It does not appear to me that they started out as strangers and remained strangers which i stated right at the beginning of this thread :techman:

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Prettier the lady, bigger the lies.

19. Janeway7trulv

You make me laugh with your one line comments.. You saying Mulgrew or Ryan is a liar liar your bum on fire?;)

Heres an interview with Ryan from

Star Trek Monthly April 99 edition entitled Sevens struggles

" Kate is great" She enthuses, "and she's very warm and she's a consummate professional. She's amazing! . "Our scenes together are some of my favourite, because she's a wonderful actress and whatever you throw at her she grabs and takes right back and throws it twice as hard and you have a lot to play off"

Yo! Admin im way overdue my avatar now bro ... lol

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  20. teacake

Can you imagine anyone in Star Trek Monthly saying, "Working with thatperson is a real pain in the ass"? You're not allowed to say that stuff when the show is on. You're doing the interview to promote the show as well as yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.