RPG Recruitment Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Mar 24, 2005.

1. odyn

odyn Cadet Newbie

Multiverse roleplay

Like online PBP roleplaying? Enjoy creating fun interactive stories with other
    people? then come on over and party it down!

We have just started our first into RPG, "The changing of the Barman".
    This is an excellent time to join up and get in the action. if you join now, you
    may even be applicable for a special achievement!

So come on over and join in the fun!

http://multiverseroleplay.proboards.com/

2. Ginny Kirk

Ginny Kirk Cadet Newbie

3. odyn

odyn Cadet Newbie

Like online PBP roleplaying? Enjoy creating fun interactive stories with other people? then come on over and party it down!

We plan to have Roleplays from ever genre including:
    Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Buffy/Angel
    Firefly
    Modern fantasy
    Medieval fantasy
    Futuristic fantasy

We have just started our first into RPG, "The changing of the Barman".
    This is an excellent time to join up and get in the action. if you join now, you may even be applicable for a special achievement!

So come on over and join in the fun!

http://multiverseroleplay.proboards.com/

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Please don't spam the thread. Once a week should be fine.

5. NickInABox

NickInABox Captain Captain

I'm currently in the conceptual stages for a live action Star Trek sim I want to start.

So far all I got is 10:30 pm EST Sunday start time, going one full hour. I need to throw a crew together, and I just wanna know if anyone would be interested in joining. Experience is preferred, but all are welcome. Just message me on AIM at ltnwinstonsmith

Thank you :)

6. David Brennon

David Brennon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

USS Hartington (PbEM) now recruiting!

The USS Hartington is now recruiting Crewmen and Officers for it's voyage into the Gamma Quadrant. Our mission: Continue the exploration started by USS Defiant under Commander Elias Vaughn.

We are an independent Play By E-Mail Sim looking for players of all experience levels. New to Star Trek Simming and Play By E-Mail Games? We have a training program that will help you get by until you are ready to stand on your own two (or more) feet. Experienced in playing in the Star Trek Universe? We have Department Lead positions open.

We are currently looking for:

Science Officers and Crewmen.
    Medical Officers and Crewmen.
    Enlisted Crewmen of all Departments.

No one will be turned away! We help tailor the game to your gaming desires.

Come take a look at http://usshartington.wetpaint.com/ and http://usshartington.wetpaint.com/page/Join+the+Crew! Take your next step into the Final Frontier!

7. drainu8

drainu8 Cadet Newbie

Everything had changed. A doorway has opened.

The ships are legendary:

ENTERPRISE...YORKTOWN...LEXINGTON...CONSTELLATION...FARRAGUT...

The names are heroic: Pike...Kirk...Decker...Tracey...Garrovik...

A doorway has opened that cannot be closed. What were once legends are again only metal and conduit. Who were once heroes are again only mortals.

A new path has begun. The time to become legends again, to become heroes again, is now.

A new beginning has arrived. Join us.

ASR: ORIGINS is a PBEM-based shared fiction wirting group based in the alternate timeline of the 2009 Star Trek movie. Players take the role of department heads and command players of the classic ships of the original Series era. Our mottoe is "...to explore strange new worlds...to seek out new life and new civilizations."
    Please go to <<http://origins.alt-starfleet-rpg.org>> if interested, or contact the ORIGINS Liaison Officer directly at <<scottjlusby@hargray.com>>.

8. BF.NXD.38.Guy

BF.NXD.38.Guy Ensign Newbie

[​IMG]

Welcome to the NXD otherwise known as the Enterprise Era Division. The NXD is situated in the year 2161. The Federation has been formed and is still in its infancy. The Vulcan's and Andorians are still skirmishing often, and the other newer species are creeping up to start trouble. The Telerites are showing their teeth, and the Klingon's are continuing to harass Starfleet's exploration efforts. Admiral Garner and Starfleet have agreed that it is time to spread out. A new fleet has been seeded in the Vulcan Sector.
    The head of the new Bravo Fleet NXD is Rear Admiral Lucas Robinson and his team is comprised of Hyperion Station which is surrounded by multiple space dock construction faculties. Two of which were donated to Star Fleets ship construction effort by the Vulcan's. Along with Rear Admiral Lucas Robinson is Commodore James Olend the Executive Officer of the NXD, Commodore Akbar the Chief of Staff of the NXD.
    This team is tasked with maintaining peaceful relations with the Andorians and working to avoid any future conflicts between the Federation, the Vulcan's, Tellerites and the Andorians are now part of the Birth of the Federation and the NXD is going to have to play peacekeeper in order to see the survival of the Federation. With all this going on in the galaxy... how can you really RESIST joining the front line of the new Federation? JOIN TODAY!

http://nxd.bravofleet.com/

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Just wanted to say that I wish you luck. I still remember when I commanded NXD YEARS ago.

10. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Did this go anywhere? Or is this coming sunday what you mean? (June 7th)

Rob

11. David Brennon

The USS Hartington is now recruiting Crewmen and Officers for it's voyage into the Gamma Quadrant. Our mission: Continue the exploration started by USS Defiant under Commander Elias Vaughn.

We are an independent Play By E-Mail Sim looking for players of all experience levels. New to Star Trek Simming and Play By E-Mail Games? We have a training program that will help you get by until you are ready to stand on your own two (or more) feet. Experienced in playing in the Star Trek Universe? We have Department Lead positions open.

Science Officers and Crewmen.
    Operations Officers and Crewmen.
    Diplomatic Officer
    Marine Officers and Crewmen.

No one will be turned away! We help tailor the Simulation to your gaming desires.

Come take a look at http://usshartington.wetpaint.com/ and http://usshartington.wetpaint.com/page/Join+the+Crew! Take your next step into the Final Frontier!

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Which path will you choose? Enlist in Starfleet

As exploration of the galaxy resumed following the Dominion War, storm clouds gathered at home. While new friendships were being formed, old rivalries sparked anew. Then they revealed themselves. Like a thief in the night they came from the darkness of space and struck against our homeworld. Hundreds of ships opened up their brutal onslaught ripping into out planet’s surface without regard for their targets. Civilian, military, all of them were treated the same by the mysterious Cosmic Supremacy. In the span of one evening they had viciously damaged the homeworlds of the Federation, the Klingons, and the splintered Romulans, Billions were murdered before the enemy could be forced back into their underspace and left for parts unknown.

What was intended to kill, however, was the birth of a brave new galaxy. When the enemy attacked they wanted to drive wedges between the men and women of the galaxy, instead they united them. Old infighting between the Milky Way’s greatest powers came to an abrupt close and brought them together into a new unity built on mutual cooperation and trust. This was the birth of a new Federation made up of one time enemies that were now friends. Leading the continued exploration of the galaxy was the new combined Starfleet made up of ships from all three empires making up the United Galactic Federation of Planets. Serving as the flagship of the new Starfleet is the USS Enterprise NX-1701-G.

But the Vaadwaur are still out there lurking in the mists waiting for the perfect chance to strike. Because of this the new Federation has sent probes deep into the far reaches of space to find this new and brutal enemy. Leading the charge is the first of the next generation of ship: the USS Pegasus - a ship made up of crews from the Federation, Klingon, and Romulan empires. First of her class the Pegasus will continue the voyages we have begun and journey out into the undiscovered country to further the Federation and protect it no matter the cost.

Wanted – Enterprise:
    Chief Engineering Officer - Lieutenant (Minimum Starting Rank)
    Chief Flight Control Officer - Lieutenant (Minimum Starting Rank)

Wanted – Pegasus:
    Chief Flight Control/Operations Officer - Lieutenant (Minimum Starting Rank)
    Chief Science Officer - Lieutenant (Minimum Starting Rank)

PLEASE NOTE: We are also interested in introducing characters that are Cardassian, Ferengi, Klingon, Romulan, or Talarian into the game. Please feel free to request to play a member of one of these races if you're interested.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Re: Which path will you choose? Enlist in Starfleet

nx1701g, your game seems to be extremely active, with a lot of posts. Is it a tag-style game? I'm kind of interested, but I have a hard time keeping up with that style of game.

14. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I agree Jedi. It looks like a fun game.

Rob

15. Bravo_FleetElf

Bravo_FleetElf Cadet Newbie

Not your average Trek sim.

Looking for something different? We are set in the post voyager Star Trek era (2385),
    but instead of Ops, Engineering, and weapons there are hotels , beaches, bars, and the Temple of Artemis.

[​IMG]

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Gracias. I appreciate that and I think it's a fun game - but I may be a little biased. In all honesty though it's not me that makes it fun, it's the players. I have a wonderful group of people in the game and they've made it what it is. We have a diverse group and I'm pleased to say (knock on wood) that we've all gotten along very well over the years.

To be honest that's a bit difficult to answer. We do employ a tag system to get people involved with our storylines, but it isn't just tagging and posting of that nature. We allow players to introduce their own subplots into the game, explore their characters at their own pace, and we find ways of keeping everyone involved with the game. I have posts that do involve tagging (I do them when my character issues orders to multiple characters to save time), but I've moved toward a more narrative approach describing the scene and allowing the characters to interact. It may sound unusual but it's worked very effectively in the past and to success. To be honest most of my players have been with the game since it was founded way back in 2001 - on this board actually back before Daedalus was even the moderator.

But I just want to say if you're worried about keeping up we can help you with that. In the game our moderators are very dedicated to our players and are available at all hours of the day (literally) to help with problems with the game. We understand people sometimes just don't have time to post and can't be involved at all times and we accept that. We'll find a way to work something out to help you with the game if you're interested in becoming a part of our story. Joint posts, posts done through messenger, backposts, we find some way to accomodate our players. Everyone in our group gets along very well with each other. Our game is based upon the concept of IDIC and it shows through our players and our characters. We're all friends.

I would like to personally extend an invitation to anyone who is interested to take a look at our in character yahoo group or to contact me in this thread, through email, or PM me and I'll be glad to help.

I do want to note following my initial post I have had a player fill the position of Chief Flight Control Officer of the Enterprise. I am still looking for a Chief Engineer. On the Pegasus both postings are still available.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  17. nordmoon

nordmoon Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Name of Board: USS Interceptor
    Link to Board: http://s1.zetaboards.com/ussinterceptor/

Contact Details: PM the account on the board

Activity: Just opened; small player base at present. Minimum of one/twice post per week is required. Quality over quantity is most important here!
    Difficulty: Everyone
    Rating:
    PG-13
    Types of Characters/Creatures allowed: Humans, Aliens.. (See Rules and Regulations) You are allowed to create your own alien race, but no superhero abilities allowed and no anime-like characters and abilities.
    Time of where the RP is set in: Future, year 2412

[​IMG]

Plot/Story:

USS Interceptor is a Star Trek based RPG which is set in year 2412. After the discovery of an ancient alien portal on Mars the Federation enters a new era in history. The federation studies the technology carefully and comes up with a new propulsion system, the so called hyperdrive, and enables the ships to travel much faster and further than before.

The crew of USS Interceptor, a refit of the Interceptor class, is the first ship to take the new drive on its first voyage. After that the ship launches into hyperspace something goes terrible wrong on and the ship is abruptly thrown into normal space. They crew soon realizes that they are stranded in the gamma quadrant with the hyperdrive destroyed beyond fixing. The Federation soon discovers that something terrible has gone terrible wrong and that the crew of USS Interceptor is missing. The project is classified as a failure and its project is put on ice when the Federation faces a new danger.

In another part of the galaxy a new unknown threat emerges in the gamma quadrant. To the Federation’s surprise the previous established Bajor Wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant disappears. The new threat to the galaxy (and the federation) is to be launched from within the gamma quadrant and the Federation might face a new war.

This is the beginning of a new era…..

Other notes:

* The game will be played out both in our own and another galaxy. New aliens are also introduced.
    * The forum is currently best seen in Firefox.
    * The website provides information about how to join the game.
    * For the security of our members and their writings, some of the forum is not accessible to unregistered guests.

18. ConVoyFan

ConVoyFan Cadet Newbie

Hi All,

I just wanted to say that I have a character on both the Pegasus and the Enterprise in Continuing Voyages and the writing in this sim is fantastic. The writers all interact well with each other and continue to come up with new and interesting ideas.

19. David Brennon

Science Officers and Enlisted Crewmen.
    Operations Officers and Enlisted Crewmen.
    Engineering Officers and Enlisted Crewmen
    Diplomatic Officer and Enlisted Aid

No one will be turned away! We help tailor the Simulation to your gaming desires.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I just wanted to note that Chief Engineer is once again open on the Enterprise. Chief Science Officer remains open on the Pegasus (the character who had applied to be my Chief Engineer transferred to our sister ship IC).

Enterprise
    Pegasus

As my Chief of Security has said we're welcoming of everyone. If you're interested beam on in. :D