Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Sep 20, 2010.

1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Re: Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoi

Yeah its bathrobes. Its been decades since I last watched Beverly Hills Cop so I got it partially wrong :P

2. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Fun episode - it was nice seeing the characters out of their usual element. Stana looked better in the t-shirt than that awful swimsuit.

3. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

I'm a straight chick and I agree. My hubby, who is in luuuuuuuv with Stana, said, "I had high hopes when I saw her wet head slowly rising but that bathing suit was atrocious." :lol:

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah that bathing suit really was terrible.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was hopeful we'd get Stana in a revealing two piece. When she rose out of the water my reaction changed to "oh." It was a very unattractive suit.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

BigFoot thinks I'm crazy, but I'd still pick Stana Katic over Yvonne Strahovski. :p

7. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

Yvonne Strahovski is pretty but she's not amazing, IMO. Stana Katic is just...wow. I definitely have a girl crush on her... :evil:

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You should check out the third LIBRARIAN movie where (spoiler alert!) she plays a vampire!

9. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll agree that the suit itself was a bit of a disappointment, but Stana sure looked good wearing it.

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice to see I'm not the only one who didn't like it!

11. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

Oh cool. Thanks. I love vampire stories anyways. :bolian:

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Being a huge Firefly/Nathan Fillion fan i naturally was informed about Castle but since i'm not a fan of crime shows i gave it a pass.

So when i got bored a week ago i thought why not? At least its got Fillion in it and from what i heard it's quite good.. so a week later i'm at 3.18 and am using every free minute to watch the show.. it's both hilarious and at times engaging.

I'm still not that interested in most crime plots but i love the interaction of the cast and being an awesomely huge shipper i just love the Castle/Beckett relationship.
    It's undeniable that they will get together.. i'm thinking somewhere season 4, maybe the season 4 finale if they really want to drag it out (hoping they won't) but they have passed many shipper milestones already.. the first breaking of the ice, letting each other into their private lives and the first "fake" kiss (my did i break out laughing at it.. they really went wild with it) and the big "almost got it out in a crisis situation" scene with the (recent.. at least for me) freezing container. They even have the obstacle partner in it for good measure but it's very clear that Beckett has fallen for Castle but can't admit it yet.

About the only thing really bugging me is the Castle revelations.. the investigation has hit a dead end, Castle does something totally unrelated but suddenly an idea drops into his head he got from whatever he was doing (usually talking to someone). It was used so much this season that it became really noticeable and i'd wish they stop that.. it's ok to occasionally get inspired but every 3rd episode?

Anyway.. awesome show with a great chemistry between the cast. I already have several favorite scenes and i'm looking forward to many more.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

There seems to be a "cops go to LA" mini-theme on TV this week. Both Castle and CSI did it. And they're also both examples of the kind of story where someone close to the main character is killed/victimized and the main character goes after them despite being too close to the case and ordered to stay off it. I'm tired of that cliche. Once in a while I'd like to see a protagonist have the good sense to recognize that his or her personal involvement could be an impediment to solving the case. More importantly, I'd like to see that protagonist trusting his/her friends and partners to conduct the investigation on their behalf and do right by them.

Heck, I think this would've been an even better story if Beckett had chosen to be responsible and obey orders to stay off the case and trust her fellow cops, but then Castle had unilaterally gone to LA to investigate the case himself out of devotion to Beckett, and then she'd had to go after him to keep him out of trouble. That would've been better character-wise, and less cliched.

I remembered Beckett's old mentor, but I forgot what she arrested him for. Obviously it can't have been murder if he got out just months later and redeemed himself.

No doubt it's Moira Kirland, who's been a co-executive producer on both shows.

Agreed. The t-shirt look was very, very impressive, but the swimsuit was unflattering.

14. Aragorn

[​IMG]

Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a contestant in a beauty pageant "Miss Illinois", found strangled during the rehearsal for "Baron's All-American Beauty Pageant". As the investigation goes on, they find out that several people had motive to kill the victim.

15. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Did I just have a Sam Adama sighting? I think I did!

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Alexis leaving? Say it ain't so! Or at least give us a spinoff about Alexis and Ashley solving crimes at Stanford.

17. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I don't know about CSI, but Castle wasn't being a cliche. In fact, the show was very obviously doing a homage to Beverly Hills Cop.

1) A cop friend getting killed in LA. Check
    2) LA cop busts them for illegal break-in. Check
    3) LA cop ultimately turns friendly and helps in the investigation. Check
    4) LA cop is given hotel bathrobe as gift. Check

18. Aragorn

So are they planning on killing off the Captain in the season finale? They've given him every cop cliche to get murdered.

19. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, I started to worry about the potential for retirony, too.

20. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I originally thought this ep had fallen into the occasional big-name-guest-star-must-be-the-killer situation the moment Teri Polo showed up, but I was pleased to discover I was wrong.