Smallville10x21&22 "Finale" Discuss/Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, May 13, 2011.

?

Grade "Finale"

1. SUPERMAN (Excellent)

33 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. The Blur (Above Average)

24 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. CLARK KENT (Average)

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Kal-El (Below Average)

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. BIZARRO (Poor)

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I think it's funny how many people in this thread want Oliver's son to be named Roy when in the comics it's actually Connor Hawke.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

How is this a plot hole? All they did was bring back an actor who was on the show for a while. Which seems like a nice thing to do in a finale.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

For those complaining about Oliver marrying Chloe instead of Black Canary... I think he picked the better looking babe.

4. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Lieutenant Commander

The truth is that Tom Welling would not have looked good in ANY Superman suit. He's too beefy for the superman look. I know, hes not fat by any means. But skin tight spandex is NOT forgiving. And did we reall expect Tom Welling to do a little extra working out and maybe diet to lose 5-10 pounds of beefy fat on his arms? Not for 30 seconds in the suit.
    Too bad Tom Welling is a Prima-Donna and a Deuche. I am soo happy this cock-tease of a show is dead.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Black Canary/Alaina Huffman looks better without the Black Canary garb...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe Ollie and Chloe will get a divorce. Or maybe he'll stay married to Chloe and maintain a working relationship with Black Canary.

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Those pictures are very appealing. Her haircut ruins just about everything.

From an interview with the producers...

Really? The whole Henry James Olson nonsense, Lex losing his memories, and Lois and Clark inexplicably not getting married after seven years wreaks of pissing on your story in order to line-up with the Superman mythos.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, as frustrating as it was, it's STILL one of the better Smallville episodes I've seen. For whatever that's worth.

What all this really does, though, is make me miss Lois & Clark. I swear, that show displayed more charm and wit in ONE episode than Smallville did over 10 freakin seasons. And the action scenes were a helluva lot better too.

Hopefully the next Superman series we get will be much more in the spirit of THAT show than this one.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's weird after SG-U seeing TJ as Black Canary.

9. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    now that smallville is over.... what can be douched on next?

10. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

HellCats, of course.

11. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank Rao ... it's over. Last five minutes was the best part of the finale, but it wasn't worth ten years and 85 minutes of crap.

13. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There is no need to point out how disappointing the finale was. Yes, the geek out moments were awesome but otherwise they literally squandered not just an entire season but the finale itself! Welling not wearing the suit was the ultimate low blow to the fans. This wasn't a "send off", it was just something the writers scribbled in a hurry to get to production. 10 years and this is what we got? I dare say Enterprise finale was better than this!

14. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

No. ENTERPRISE's finale was unforgivable.

15. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Nothing wrong with either if you had an opened mind.....:rolleyes:

16. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I can forgive TATV a bit because there was some ambition to say something about the entirety of Trek, especially the Mod versions. But this finale didn't have ambition to say anything interesting about the Superman mythos.

17. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

Y'know, I think it's actually pretty difficult to fuck up Superman's origin story. It's simple, iconic, strikes all the right notes. I've read nearly all iterations of it out there. Sadly the last "Secret Origins" one's gotta be the worst. And it borrows heavily from Smallville, go figure. This show was really confused about its purpose. It started as a "grounded", "realistic" portrayal of how the Man of Steel got his start. Someone who knew nothing about Superman was supposed to be able to watch this and understand and believe why someone would end up wearing red undies over his tights, all under his boxers and pants. What we got instead was its compulsion to not take us there, making the sudden transformation so much more laughable. Knowing they'd have him on for 5 seconds of screen time, they never bothered to tailor a Superman suit that would fit Welling, and ended up making a goofy cg rendering of him instead. Super-disappointing and downright evil in the scale of the let-down this was.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

For those wondering why Sam Jones (Pete) didn't even get mentioned, the actor was arrested for drug trafficking and could face 20 years in prison. First trying to sell Stride gum and then pills. :eek:

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

However, a drawing of Pete could be seen in that comic book Chloe was reading, so he wasn't completely ignored.

20. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

It seems that the only disappointment that viewers like yourself didn't get what "you" wanted to see. This "start" was from an complete and different ideal origin of what was already known.
    With thinking it was different from say apples and oranges, I THOUROUGHLY enjoyed all 10 seasons.