VOY: #7 Ghost Of A Chance

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by tomswift2002, Feb 18, 2013.

?

Rate This Novel

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good

33.3%
  3. So-So

33.3%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not Recommended

33.3%
  1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Published: April 1996
    Written by Mark A. Garland & Charles G. McGraw (is this the same McGraw who's a country singer?)
    Memory Beta Info

I remember having read this book back around the turn of the millennium (1999-2001), but I don't really recall all that much, so I decided to re-read this story.

According to the timeline in "Voyages of Imagination", the book takes place just after Non Sequitur (VOY) and The Way Of The Warrior (DS9) in 2372, so this was the first Second Season Voyager novel to be published.

2. tomswift2002

I'm about half-way through and it's interesting how in this book Voyager, while having the tactical superiority, is actually handicap due to a lot of damage. Plus it's interesting to see Chakotay in command while Janeway's MIA.

3. Kopernikus

Kopernikus Commander Red Shirt

Perhaps a Mod could change the Thread-Title and the Poll, so that it can be included in the automated Ranking-System?

4. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

We can't edit polls.

5. tomswift2002

What's wrong with the "Thread-Title"? It accurately describes the book.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think for it to be included on Sho's ratings website it needs to share a similar title and poll options. He uses some kind of an program or something that picks up on that stuff.

7. tomswift2002

Last I checked for "Allegiance In Exile" and "Devil's Bargain" they start with TOS: and then th book name. Aside from the fact that those books don't have any numbers (unlike "Ghost Of A Chance") the only missing thing is the author's name. But maybe someone could create a sticky post that has links o all the book discussions based on series.

8. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Are we sure anything is wrong? Sho's page says "Only threads with at least 4 votes are listed in the table." and so far there's at least that reason for the poll not showing up.

9. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess Sho will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "trigger words" for his search algorithm are "review thread".

@ronny:
    If that would be the case if would be listed below the table without an average score.

10. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks, I didn't know it worked that way.