I still don't get it.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by darkshadow0001, Nov 16, 2008.

1. RookieBatman

RookieBatman Commodore Commodore

Well, I agree that SR used too much CGI in the flying, which I hated, but I also agree that the flying (and pretty much all of the special effects in Lois and Clark) sucks. I'm going through season 1 right now (I'm not really a huge fan of the show, but I just had a jones for a superhero TV show--like, with costumes--and I don't own The Flash), and some of the effects are quite ridiculous. Maybe it's just because I'm watching it on a 42 inch plasma screen (I'm not saying that to brag, it isn't mine). I didn't watch Superman Returns on the big TV, though, I watched it on a crappy computer monitor. I didn't really love it the first time, but maybe it's due for a second look.

2. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly my point. I thought the flying to save the shuttle was good, but the CGI just kind of makes it look fake, when I see the first Reeve film where he is saving the airplane, it just looks real. That's my point, too.

No, I don't think Singer sucks. I was actually happy that Supes was back in the theatre again. It was just the flying parts that struck me a little odd about the movie. I expected more. All though I did like it when Supes stopped the Daily Planet ball from plopping on the ground, thumbs up with that one :)