Agents of SHIELD - Season 2 Discussion Threads. (Spoilers Likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 18, 2014.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

It would only cost as much as any other guest star.

The question is whether or not the actor would do it. :rommie:

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

They would probably do it for the right amount of money, which is why it would probably cost more than any other guest star.

3. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the whole episode would be the Avenger and Coulson in the Bus interrogation room, one camera, one shot, 40 minutes long. Adlibs included. :P

Mark

4. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'll just visit ocasionally to see how many people trash the new season for no valid reason...

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Worked when Babylon 5 did it. It was one of their best episodes.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

It depends on the motivations of the actor. Let's face it, the only reason we got two appearances from SLJ in season one was that he likes playing the character.

IIRC, the producers of ST:TNG wanted to have a Spock episode as early as season two, but couldn't match Nimoy's asking price. However, by season five, Nimoy was promoting a movie that he starred and has an Executive Producer stake in.

I could see an Avenger actor agreeing to make an appearance for either reason. For fun or promtional purposes.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  7. Alidar Jarok

Well, most likely they'd take the money from some other episodes instead.

The quality of the episode is likely to impact whether the actor wants more money.

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So, Fitz has the type of hypoxic-brain injury that doesn't make you greatly disabled with severe brain damage but the kind that just leaves you mostly the same only with the need to occasionally search for words.

9. Alidar Jarok

There's been a little bit of time to work to recover. The brain does have a tremendous ability to rewire itself.

10. Agent Richard07

What was the blue thing in the crate that Carter quickly closed?

11. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Is the picture quality way too dark for anyone watching on an HDTV? The black levels coming thru on my ABC affiliate is making it difficult to enjoy. Because I can barely see anything.

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Well that was a neat twist...I'd wondered if Fitz might continue as a head character for Simmons...looks like we got vice versa!

13. Trekker4747

Good and promising start. I wonder if Simmons will return "for real" at some part, and I thought there was something odd about the way Simmons was acting in her scenes with Fitz.

So, the raid on the Pentagon was about, in part at least, getting a Quinjet? (And is the first time the MCU has called them that?)

Good episode, nice to see Ward being held in Lecter cage.

14. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Wow. Explosive premiere.

G.H.'s species visited Earth sometime prior to 1945? That's a lot earlier than I was expecting.

What's Mack's backstory? Lead-up materials indicate that he was/is a civilian mechanic, not a newly re-recruited S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

I wonder where World Security Councilor Hawley is. Is she speaking for or against S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Does Talbot really have all captured S.H.I.E.L.D. agents just locked up? This may be fiction, but given that S.H.I.E.L.D. agents don't have superpowers, it sounds like blatantly unlawful detention.

Coulson's agents have evaded Talbot for an entire "winter"? Shouldn't that be "summer"?

So Skye and Trip don't know how to fly quinjets? There were lots right there for the taking!

Where has Simmons been?

Come on, Lucy Lawless's character is already dead??? They're wasting Xena like that?

What's the secret behind Doctor Whitehall's longevity? And does he rank higher or lower than Baron Strucker in the HYDRA hierarchy?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  15. Agent Richard07

A good start indeed. They jumped right in. It's like we never had a hiatus.

I have no doubt that Simmons will be back in the flesh. That was a good twist.

Another movie prop. Yay.

Seriously. Yay.

Yeah, I'm lovin' it.

16. Agent Richard07

I'm hoping that she's not dead but it's Whedon, so you never know.

17. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good episode.

-I was quite surprised at the FitzSimmons twist. I thought it might be the opposite.
    -I liked the way Coulson has really stepped into the Director role.
    -Absorbing Man was a legit threat, and seems like he'll be a recurring threat.
    -Nice bookend with Carter and the original 084 at the beginning, then than an even bigger surprise with the same German at the end. (That was the same guy, wasn't it?)
    -Very surprised they killed off Hartley after just one episode (that's the name of LL's character, right?). She may be alive, but she sure looked dead.
    -Ward was cool, especially when he dropped that little bit about Skye's father.
    -When Hartley touched the O084, did we see it briefly glow with the same alien writing that Garrett and Coulson are fond of?
    -Oh yeah, Pasdar was great too!

All in all, I really enjoyed that episode. Great start to the season.

Honestly, it felt less like Episode 23 of AOS, and more like Episode 1 of AOSv2.

Thumbs up!

18. Trekker4747

I can see Skye not knowing how. Keep in mind just a year ago she was a homeless hacker living in her van. A year isn't enough time to teach someone how to fly a regular plane, let alone a jet with vertical take-off abilities.

Trip I would think they'd hand-wave in "His military enough he knows how to fly one of these planes."

19. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who was flying the Quinjet? Was May on a motorcycle? With Trip and Skye in the Quinjet?

20. Trekker4747

Yeah, I'm not sure. It looked to me from next week's preview May is on the motorcycle which would mean Trip is flying the Quinjet. (Again, I doubt Skye would be anywhere close to knowing how to fly one of those things.)