Rewatching "Emissary"...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Lance, Jul 19, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well strictly speaking Picard didn't order him to Bajor. That would have been done no doubt by an Admiral at Starfleet Command.

Picard as his superior officer was quite right to question Sisko. If it had been a different Captain he would no doubt have done the same as Picard.

Sure it's understanbly that Sisko might struggle to sperate Locutus from Picard.

2. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

In the novelization there is a little bit of Picard inner dialogue about how he intends to become Jake's benefactor. I always imagined Jake's writing career got started with a little help from Picard pulling some strings with a publisher friend or something.

Don't get picsiskvinechef comments. Pretty out-of-line and unnecessarily hostile, doncha think?

3. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Some viewers seem to prefer choosing a side in that scene, even though it's very easy to sympathize with both Picard and Sisko in my opinion.

Eh, whadda ya gonna do? ;)

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is. Apparently I'm a Picard hater just because I expressed sympathy for Sisko's point of view... even though Picard's my favorite Trek captain. ;)

6. jazzstick

jazzstick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This is how I always end up watching the pilot all strung out and tired, my mind racing. It never helps, the story just keeps you engaged and then for days later you are walking around with the story in your head still chewing on it! I would also agree with you, it is the best pilot out of all of them! In fact with the expection of a few episodes the fisrt season of DS9 is steller! Right out of the gate this episode sets a charactor driven pace and it lets us know that from second one that this show was going to explore the last froniter of Star Trek, religion and the subtle shades of grey that is the human experince! Every charactor from the pilot on was already extremely well done!

What a spectacular two hours! I'm going to watch that sucker when I get home!

Make them shits so!

7. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Same here. Picard sitting there in his comfortable lounge chair sipping earl grey lecturing Sisko about not always being able to serve in an ideal environment is rich.

8. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

And as stated, Picard earned his lounge chair and tea.