Survivor 25: Phillipines Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Garak, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I know what you mean as a viewer. But as a contestant, why wouldn't you want to take Abi with you to the end? And this close to the end, with a one-in-six chance at the million, the other players have got to be thinking about their endgame.

The interesting question: does Abi still think she has a shot at winning? Or does she realize that nobody likes her enough to vote for her?

2. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Doubtful, she's crazy and severely lacking in common sense and courtesy, but I don't think she's delusional or stupid.

2nd and 3rd place get legit money too though. Going full asshole is not an unreasonable tactic in that situation if you don't care about 1st place.

3. Greg Cox

I don't know. She's already convinced herself that the only problem is simply that stupid people don't appreciate how honest she is.

Give her a few more weeks and she'll convince herself that the jury will reward her for being so honest, or that it's all Denise's fault and if she can just get rid of that sneaky Denise . . . .

4. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If she ended up against Lisa I'd vote for her. :lol: Lisa has managed to stab almost everyone in the back without even trying to. If she makes it to the end it will be a miracle of bumbling.

5. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I could see Abi winning against just Lisa, but there's usually three in the finals and she wouldn't stand a chance against anyone else.

Lisa doesn't stand a chance of winning either. Even if she manages to make it to the finals, she's been too indecisive. And there's a chance Mike or Penner would spill the beans about her background, which would pretty much doom her.

6. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lisa is spineless and useless. Equally as worthless as bully girl Abi. I'm sick of Malcolm and Denise. I liked Penner. I like uhhh what's his face... Sean Penn in Fast Times.... ok I don't know the dude's name at all, he doesn't seem to get much screen time. Won some auctions... got screwed by having to give up one for the team and share the other, while they still mercilessly outbid him for some of the other goods right after he chose the rice and beans for 'em...

So uhh yeah, my preferences at this point in order are uhh, that guy I was just talking about.. Skupin, not because I liked him at all this season, just because I liked him back in the day.... Abi, Christ she is horrible, but it is what it is, Denise, Malcolm, and last and most definitely least, Useless Lisa.

7. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Speaking of final 3, they're down to six as of last night. If they hold true to pattern (and they sure love to), next Thursday will get down to final 5, and then three days later, on 12/09, we'll have the season finale. I hadn't realized how close to the end we (finally) are.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's kind of crazy how pretty Malcolm would be sitting right now if nosy Lisa hadn't decided to go through everyone's laundry at the merge. If she hadn't found his idol, only he and Denise would probably still know about it.

9. Greg Cox

I'm frankly amazed that Lisa has managed to keep her secret past as a TV star secret so long. Usually, nobody can keep a secret on SURVIVOR for more than an episode. "I'm not going to tell anyone that I have an idol," "I'm not going to tell anyone that I'm rich as God," "I'm not going to tell anyone that I'm Russell Hantz's nephew," etc.

It never lasts.

Lisa at least gets credit for keeping her mouth shut the whole season. Malcom and Carter and the younger folks all think she's just this fluttery church lady . . ..

10. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

For some reason I decided to watch Lisa's interview on the Jeff Probst Show last week (yes, such a thing does exist in daytime television) and suddenly everything about her and the way she’s played the game made sense. She talked about her personal life and how she married a guy she wasn’t in love with because she thought God wanted her to, even though her heart said otherwise, and she stayed with him for something like 25 years simply because it must be God’s plan. She said only now does she realize that she should listen to her heart because that’s really what God would want. Apparently she did not learn this lesson in time for Survivor though. I mean, it’s so clear – even though she feels it would be the “right” thing to do to align with the people she feels a connection with, she instead sticks with people she doesn’t like, only because of some false sense of commitment to them. First it was Abi and Pete, now Malcolm and Denise. It doesn’t even help her win the game, because Penner is right that she won’t be able to win against them. At first I felt bad for her, but now that I’ve learned this is a habit of hers, I’m just irritated.

11. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

that sean penn guy irritates the crap out of me. How did he stay under the radar this long? :lol:

12. Greg Cox

For the record, his name is "Carter," although I'm not surprised that nobody remembers it . . .

13. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

He never had much screen time until this week, often a sign that someone's going home soon...

I can't wait for what's going to happen very soon - the supposedly strong alliance starting to cannibalise itself, because that's how the game is designed - my favourite part of Survivor. :)

Will Malcolm and Denise make a deal with Abi/Carter to vote out Lisa or Skupin (the latter of whom still is my #1 favourite to win the show, although I don't like it one bit); will Skupin realise he has to get rid of Malcolm and Denise? Or will they go the boring route and make the final 4 without Abi and Carter? Either way, at some point, someone's going to get hurt. :)

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Interestingly, Carter shops in my store and has breakfast with his family in it every Sunday after church.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Does he always end up having to share his breakfast with everyone else at the table?

16. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Carter's face is shaped like one of those beaten up Corona straw hats you get in Mexico.

17. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Does his boyfriend join them?

18. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

It's always weird reading things like that, although I know america is a very religious country I'm never able to fully grasp that entire families actually go to church every sunday.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

His family is also usually with a much larger group. I've never had much interaction with him beyond passing employee/customer pleasantries.

20. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[highlight]HEY IDIOT IF GOD ISN'T INTO RIGGING FOOTBALL GAMES HE PROBABLY ALSO DOESN'T GIVE HALF A SHIT WHO WINS A GOD DAMNED IMMUNITY CHALLENGE AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO DECODE WHY IT'S GOD'S WILL[/highlight]