Armstrong stripped of 7 TdF titles

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Deckerd, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Lance Armstrong has stopped fighting the doping accusations.

"I'm not contesting it any more but I didn't do it". Yeah that'll work.

The number of people who held him up as the perfect role model is huge.

2. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Well that's embarrassing....

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Of course they have blood test, urine tests results etc... to back up their claims. Don't they or some other such scientifc evidence.

4. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hm, does the USADA even have the authority to strip him of those titles? Isn't that the UCI's business? And who'll be awarded those titles now - the proven-as-doper Ullrich?!?

5. Deckerd

I expect the titles won't go to anyone.

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well I would expect it would either be the TdF governing body or UCI that actually has the right to strip him. As for if USADA could, perhaps by a back door method of withdrawing his credentials (back dated of course) so he wasn't actually offically elidgable.

Of ourse nothing has yet been proven in a court of law.

7. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But apparently, that's not even necessary to already shout out and execute the verdict. :wtf:

I think such proceedings damage sports just as much, if not more, as doping itself does. I don't condone doping, it's dangerous and I would never let my kid become a pro in such an envirounment, but I don't think doping itself is going to become extinct because of procedures like that. The expectations of the public have to change for that to happen.

8. Shaytan

Shaytan Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I will take a second dessert.

I love the title in Ouest France : "The fall of Lance Armstrong, Bernard Hinault doesn't give a shit" :lol:

9. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Yes.

That's what Armstrong and his corrupt enablers and protectors in the UCI would want to make you believe, but their embarassing attempts at concealing the truth don't change reality.

Nobody I suppose. Just leave #1 spot blank.

10. Roger Wilco

What do you think happens if you're charged with a crime and stand up in court to say: "Only God can judge me, you have no jurisdiction!"?

You get fucking convicted, that's what happens.

The suggestion you could evade punishment by refusing to participate your own trial is ridiculous on the face and Armstrong's actions are those of a guilty man.

What bullshit. Finally, finally, anti-doping agencies seem to have somewhat gained the upper hand in cycling. Doping isn't gone, but the Wild West days of anything goes and the UCI actively protecting athletes that pay them off are over. Thank the gods!

What damages the sport is decades of reckless, limitless doping and the conspiracies to cover it all up. Armstrong is the greates fraud in the history of professional sports, a donkey that got injected into a race horse. An arrogant bully who openly punished other riders who disagreed with the dope, but was confident his lackeys in the UCI would always "lose" his positives. He makes me sick. And I hope all the evidence gets public somehow, despite Armstrong's attempt to hide it. Maybe in Bruyneel's arbitration hearing everything gets out.

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Odd I though that you had to be proven to be guilty, not to prove that you are innocent.

12. Roger Wilco

He had the choice: Face the evidence, take resposibility and defend yourself, or face immediate punishment. He knowingly chose the second. What's so difficult to understand about that?

13. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it's depressing when winning somehow equates to cheating

14. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

They have the testimony of his TdF team plus his own emails. There is not much he can do.

15. Roger Wilco

Cheating equates to cheating.

16. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not if the individual is an American and doesn't "really" admit to it.

17. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I like that they do that a thousand years later.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's only if you're an alleged rapist who happens to be a political hero to some people. It's all about the politics, you know.

19. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

This thread is certainly illuminating as far as identifying people who support cheaters and cheating.

20. Deckerd

I didn't see anyone supporting cheaters and cheating.