What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's a bit like the second wind thing from Borderlands...

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Then why does the screen show an arrow moving around the circle? That's confusing. I'll have to try it tonight. I died in the middle of a Captain fight which is apparently really bad because it levels up everyone there! Jeez!

3. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

The arrow around the circle is a countdown timer; if you don't do the button-push by the time the arrow goes all the way around, it's too late.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

OK I'm totally hooked on Shadow of Mordor. I just played it for like two hours straight which is a long time for me. I love climbing up a wall and assassinating an Orc and sending the rest in a panic. Still can't stand the warg things though. And I've learned to just run away when my health gets low.

5. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a bit over 14 hours into Final Fantasy VI, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm fine with grinding in JRPGS, so I'm going through the game fairly easily, with a session of grinding for levels and learning spells every so often. Its funny how a 16 bit SNES era game can have a more impact story and characters in the time I've played then Final Fantasy XIII had in the 22 hours I played of it before quitting. VI will probably end up being my favorite FF game so far, although the only other two I've beaten are IX and X-2. IX was very good too, although the characters were maybe not as memorable outside of a few specific ones, and X-2 was fun to play but had a hilariously bad story and cast of characters.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's a variation of the Down But Not Out mechanic, it's actually super common.

7. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

I'm downloading ANNO 2205. Hopefully this game is as good as it looks in the demos.

8. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

Just finished up Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

Currently getting into Gothic 3 - it's a bit cliche'd with Orcs, but I'm finding it more enjoyable than Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, released around the same period.
    Although Oblivion's visuals are a notch above Gothic3, the latter's gameplay is IMO better. I like the combat better, and the world design's fluidity.

Ive also got a party started in the original Pool of Radiance, for a bit of retro contrast.

9. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Don't waste your money on ANNO 2205. It's completely unready for release. There is no continuous play mode which made the other ANNO games so replayable. There is one scenario that comes with the game, and when you finish playing it, your done. Oh, but you have three different maps to choose from. This is an absolutely horrid release of a very good franchise on the order of the SimCity disaster.

Seriously. Do NOT waste your money.

10. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I went and pre-ordered Fallout 4 tonight so I can have it ready to plop in my PS4 next Tuesday.

I would love to be able to actually make the midnight launch at GameStop, but I have to sing that night....waaahhhhhh!!!

So I'll be getting up early Tuesday morning to get my copy, and then Bourbon Street (and probably most of the rest of the world) can kiss my ass for at least the 36 hours that follow said pickup. :D

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Shadows of Mordor.

I STILL cannot do the death quick time event. :mad: From now on, I'm just going to shut the game off the moment before I die so I don't get the penalty. Also, I'm running away when I get low on health but it's hard to notice your health bar it's so unobtrusive.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Really not sure why you're having such a hard time. Move the cursor into the circle and hit the button it tells you to hit.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well I'm freaking out over the stress of dying and I'm trying to figure out which button to push and what direction to push it in and then I'm dead :p

I'm not a very good video game player :wtf:

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've kind of picked up on that. :p

15. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I finished Life is Strange. It is one of the best games I have played this year. I am looking forward to another replay of this game.

I have been seeing the reviews for Black Ops 3 at Metacritic. I am astonished at the polarized reactions to this game - game critics are loving this game, yet players are not loving this game.

I have both Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider preordered. I am expecting FO 4 will be a "open beta", so there will glitches galore, game crashes, and storylines which can not be completed. As for RotTR, I am looking for a campaign which is more meatier than Halo 5. The additional modes which come with the game have me interested; however, I am mixed feelings about the microtransactions.

16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Wife surprised me and got me an Xbox One yesterday (1TB, Halo 5 version).

What out there is worth playing? Looking at exclusives as I already have a PS4.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm still really annoyed that the new Tomb Raider is only being released on XBox. I thought the first game was great, and I'd love to play the sequel.

Is there any word on whether or not it will eventually be released for PS4?

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

What is up with the Xbox One?

The thing has been trying to download Halo 5 since last night and is at 58%. It is sitting right next to my PS4 which is smoking fast downloading stuff via my wireless network.

19. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Yep, it'll be released on PS4. Xbox is a timed exclusive for this holiday season, so it'll be some time next year.

20. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Yep, That was confirmed the same day...
    MSFT would've loved it if it was console exclusive, but no...
    And apparently it will also a bit cheaper when it get's released on PS4...
    Don't know when the PC version is slated, with the XB1 version or the PS4 version...