Which movie should I see on my birthday?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Nov 14, 2009.

?

Which movie should I see on my birthday?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2009.
  1. 2012

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. The Informant!

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. The Invention of Lying

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. The Men Who Stare at Goats

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  6. Pirate Radio

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Planet 51

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Zombieland

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'm having a birthday party next week. The last few years, the tradition has been to meet at a local pizza place and then go see a movie. The last couple years have provided obvious choices. (Last year, The Dark Knight was still playing at the discount theater. In 2007, Beowulf seemed an obvious choice.) This year, the pickings seem slimmer. Which of these 8 movies should I see for my birthday?

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

That list sucks. Just see Farris Bueller's Day Off.

[EDIT] I voted for Planet 51.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Zombieland!

4. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i guess it depends on what you and everybody else is in the mood for. Mindless or Thinker (somewhat).

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Zombieland

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, depending on your sense of humor, I would go with either Zombieland or Pirate Radio.

I voted for Zombieland, because I think it would appeal to the widest range of people.

7. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

2012 will have the broadest appeal to the people IMHO.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's the age range and type of people who are attending? If it's a "guys night" type of thing, probably Zombieland.

9. The Borgified Corpse

Curses! Although Zombieland seems to be the winner of this poll so far, it has now slipped into that nether-region between the 1st run theaters & the discount theaters. It's a shame too, because that was shaping up to be my first choice and a couple of my friends already highly recommend it.

So 2nd place would seem to be 2012, yet that looks perhaps too depressing. I feel like the world is ending as is. I don't need special effects to remind me of it.

The Invention of Lying would be cheaper and might fit better amongst my very quirky group of friends.

As for the demographics here, it's mostly male, although not exclusively. Thankfully, most of my female friends tend to have very masculine tastes. Hell, most of them are bigger zombie fans than my guy fans. (Often the girls will be in the living room playing Silent Hill or something while the guys will be in the den watching random Youtube videos or searching the internet for Doctor Who specials that haven't been formally released in the U.S. yet.) Ages are mostly in the late 20s. (I'm turning 27.) But there's kind of a wide range, with a couple of young teenagers as well as a few people in their 40s. But we're mostly theater people, thus very eccentric.

10. Rackon

Rackon Commander Red Shirt

I vote for The Informant. It's excellent, and very funny, not mindless, but not too taxing.

Second choice would be Pirate radio, especially if you have music lovers in the crowd - although the film is really not as good as its subject demands.

2010 is big and dumb but the FX are amazing. But it is DUMB.

11. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I hear almost nothing but good things about Men Who Stare at Goats. It sounds like a cool, funny movie that'll probably become a cult classic.

Alex

12. The Borgified Corpse

Thanks for all your votes, guys!

Sadly, the 2 friends I have who are really hardcore lovers of classic rock were both unable to attend. I was kinda leaning towards a discount theater showing of The Invention of Lying. However, I got a better offer: My friend agreed to let me teach him how to play "Star Wars: Epic Duels." :D