ship vs ship #3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RobertScorpio, Jan 23, 2009.

?

The battle of the undefeated...which causes lust in your eyes?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2009.
  1. The Falcon

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Ncc-1701...NO A-B-C-D-E or JJs

29 vote(s)
    80.6%
  1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Okay..I had to do this...and this will be the last one, Moderator, until next week around this time...

NCC-1701 routed the Galactica
    the Falcon routed Serenity...

So you know what that means...

In this corner, undefeated with a record of 1-0, The Millineum Falcon. Sure, she's rugged, but she's got big-BALLS!!!...

In the other corner, the gray-lady, the one that hangs in Museums!!! the NCC-1701 (no refit), also undefeated at 1-0

Which is more pleasing to ogle at...for whatever reason...who has the better character...WHO IS!!! our new undefeated champ at 2-0

Rob

2. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

Oh...there's no contest. For me, the original Enterprise is the greatest fictional vehicle of all time. She deserves her homage from NASA, her place on postage stamps and in museums. She's the friggin Enterprise.

3. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

What JNG said...

4. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I agree...and it looks like the Falcon is about to taste the agony of defeat, unless the closet STAR WARS show up...the poll closes in three days...

Rob

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Unless you're planning on having a significantly larger number of options in each poll, I suggest at that time you combine them all into one poll and thread. That way you're less likely to hit the threshold of posting limits, and the threads less repetitive.

But they are fun. Comparing ships in science fiction/fantasy always gets a goodly amount of attention.

6. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

The Enterprise. There are damn few space vessels I find as aesthetically pleasing, and none of those are a fraction as well-known. Enterprise > Falcon in almost every way.

7. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Falcon by far. The Enterprise is a piece of crap next to the Falcon...well, the Falcon is probably the piece of crap but I still like it better.

8. ZERO_of_ZERO

ZERO_of_ZERO Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Enterprise.

Its got great "sticky out bits" on it.

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

NCC-1701 ;)

10. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

The TARDIS beats them both.

11. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

With one time vortex tied behind its back, right?

12. IDIC

IDIC Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, it depends on if it is a straight up fight or if strategy is allowed. I imagine the fight would go as follows.

Kirk: "Mr.Spock, tractor beam that ship and bring it into the launch bay and send security teams to the launch bay."
    Spock: "Aye, sir."

Red Shirt: "Captain, there is no one on board."
    BAM

:an hour later:
    Scotty: "Captain, someone has damaged the containment shield around the dilthium crystals. We have about 10 minutes until a warp core breach."

Spock: "Sir, the ship in the launch bay is powering up."

:Falcon blows out of the Enterprise launch bay and hyperspeeds away at ridiculous speed:

Solo isnt really a fighter. He is a survivor just like his ship. If he knows that he is outmatched,he will attempt to use whatever is available to him to win. So, while the Enterprise seems to be certainly more powerful, the Falcon is more agile and has a captain that will do anything to survive even taking risks that I do not think Kirk would. So, I think a fight between the two ships might go to the Falcon.

13. Captain Intrepid

Captain Intrepid Vice Admiral Admiral

You're missing the part that comes after that, where scotty not only fixes the warp drive, he figures out how to temporarily boost it using hyperspatial tech from the falcon, they give chase and catch up, spock nerve pinches solo before he can shoot first, and kirk talks c3po and r2d2 into committing suicide.