The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I always thought given his Arabic Name, the whole Assassin angle and the immortality that Ra's was implied to be the old man of the mountain and the league to be the descendants of the historical assassins.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

His name is an adopted title. It's actually the Arabic name of the star Beta Persei, which we know by the Anglicized form Algol. It's not an Arabic personal name.

I checked his Wikipedia biography, and it claims that he was born to a band of nomads somewhere in Arabia according to Birth of the Demon, although they lived near a city whose inhabitants' ancestors had come from China, and the DC Database claims his father is a character called the Sensei, who's Asian, though his specific ethnicity is unclear (he has a Japanese name but is said to be from Hong Kong).

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yep the Sensei has recently appeared in "Batman" as part of a current arc. He was also used in the "Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul".

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

The Dark Knight Rises adds more cast members. Actors Daniel Sunjata (Rescue Me), Diego Klattenhoff (Lucky Number Slevin) and Burn Gorman (Torchwood) are joining the cast.

Sunjata is rumored to be playing a special forces operative and Klattenhoff is rumored to be playing a rookie cop. Gorman's role is unspecified.

5. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Sunjata looks more like how I'd expect Bane to look based on his pseudo-heritage. I can't help but wonder what inspired Nolan to cast Josh Pence. He just came off a role in a very high profile movie, but he was basically a body double in it...hardly a standout performance.

6. JacksonArcher

He looks very similar to what I would imagine a younger Liam Neeson would look like. If he's only in flashbacks, he probably doesn't have a lot of screen-time so his role is probably minimal yet pivotal at best.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool, I really like both of those shows, and the characters those actor's play(ed) in them.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Ironically, he was doubling an actor who nearly was Batman (Arnie Hammer, who would have been Batman in the Justice League movie that never was).

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I thought Armie Hammer was gonna be Superman in a JL movie?

[edit] I remember a story where Armie Hammer said the next Superman was going to be middle aged for Snyder's movie and then they casted Henry Cavill. :lol:

10. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Armie Hammer was Batman, D.J. Cotrona was Superman, Common was John Stewart, and I believe Adam Brody was Wally West. There were a few other casting choices made, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. Anyway, the movie was cast and the script was written. George Miller was ready to move forward until Warner Bros. decided to let Nolan's series run its course.

11. JacksonArcher

George Miller's Justice League film was very close to happening. The script wasn't half-bad, either.

12. Admiral_Young

The script wasn't bad and had elements of The OMAC Project in it.

I like the recent casting for "The Dark Knight Rises". I wonder when Marion Cotillard is going to be officially announced if at all. I keep reading and hearing that she's basically locked in as Talia.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

If those rumors are true this film is turning into an Inception reunion.

Now all we need is Ellen Page as Batgirl.

14. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well it's not. She's already in James Gunn's Super raping Rain Wilson apparently.

15. Admiral_Young

How many times are people going to keep bringing up the "Inception" cast? Sigh. It's getting old now.

16. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Why don't they just go the whole nine yards and sign on Tom Berenger to play Chief O'Hara and Dileep Rao to play Dr. Hugo Strange? :D

edit: I know, Admiral, I agree, but I couldn't resist. :p

17. Obiwanshinobi

Non sequitur, but who would make a good Detective Bullock? Not necessarily anybody from Inception, but in general.

18. Admiral_Young

John Goodman.

19. Obiwanshinobi

Oooh, there we go, reminds me of Fallen with Denzel Washington.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That would be awesome!:bolian: