Last Resort was Awesome.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would only be the same as Voyager if half the crew had just been suddenly drafted from the North Korean Navy.

Even working with the natives has lead to a half hearted blowjob and a death.

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

"If you mention my son again I will crush the jelly from your eyes."

Any little problem with the show was made worthwhile in that moment. :)

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I know! Last episode was the best since the pilot.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Captain Ahab definitely seems to be channeling The Sisko in every scene-chewing performance. Me likey. :)

5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Such a great line!!

6. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Great ep, i wish Grace Shepard was more charismatic but we cannot have it all.

7. Guy Gardener

To be fair, she is acting around an Australian accent.

8. Drago-Kazov

So?

Crowe was incredible as Hando despite his accent.

[​IMG]

9. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't EVERYBODY working around an Aussie (or Kiwi) accent these days? John Noble, Yvonne Strahofski, Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, Sam Worthington, Lucy Lawless, Chris Hemsworth...

10. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why was taking a crew on the sub and riding out the attack a good idea? Are coms between the sub and shore scrambled?

11. Drago-Kazov

Why did the US send an ambassador? If i was Chaplin i would had done the negotiation on some secure channel and would had not allowed the negotiator to bring a bunch of soilders with him.

12. Guy Gardener

Legitimacy.

I was playing/teaching my nephew to play chess the other day.

Just because you can take a piece, it doesn't mean that you have to. Especially if it's only going to see your piece getting taken in turn. you want more pieces on the board for later in the game.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The show seems to be spinning it's feet, not sure what it wants. The last couple episodes have been "ehh" to me. Just order a full season and close up shop.

14. Drago-Kazov

I hope it will have a definitive ending.

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Why is it so easy for individuals to be picked up, kidnapped, killed, tortured, etc? Haven't the crew learned to stick together and not wander off?

The editing from last night's episode seemed a bit abrupt. Why was the COB out there all by himself? The feet burning made me cringe. *eesh*
    But really, the COB gets grabbed, the girl gets made into a bomb, and those three got kidnapped not long ago. These people seem a little slow on the uptake---don't wander off alone!

16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

They should enact standard security coverage protocol, always traveling in teams of 2 at minimum, if not 3.

Starting to lose interest in this show. It started off strong, but as many on this thread have predicted, it's operating in a format that seems to be making it unsustainable. Weekly adventures on the island make it a little too much like Lost with no real feeling of moving forward with the core plot. It definitely should have been done in a miniseries format.

17. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Addict or not, I cannot fathom how the COB will not report back to the Capt. who kidnapped and tortured him. Since this would bring a swift end to Serrat's little island kingdom. So, alas, that wont' happen. Instead the COB will keep silent in hopes of keeping his supply of pain meds flowing. Further, I'm not convinced this "falling off the wagon" for COB would mean he's instantly addicted, again. Of course, his feet were burned pretty bad, so he'll need pain meds.

How many layers of tension and conflict are they going to add? In addition to what is already there, they now add a sexual relationship between Shepherd and King, creating a triangle with them and Tani.

Are they trying to have A, B and C plots? A plot will always be the rogue sub vs. USA. B plots involving whatever adventure of the week happens on the Island, and C plots with what is going on back home with Christine and Kylie. This stretching thin won't be good.

So, Sam is holding back the information that a snatch-and-grab of Chaplin could happen that would put Sam in charge. Does anyone believe the offer is legit and this secret organization really want Sam and the Colorado free? Why is Sam even buying this?

Where is the island getting its supplies? The drugs have to come from somewhere off the island. Where is the electricity coming from? Will there be enough food or did this island depend on occasional shipments?

18. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, crumbs. Ah well. I can't say that I'm all that surprised. They really should have made this a mini-series instead of a series. The premise is too limiting, I think, to keep viewers interested beyond a few episodes.

20. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

Yes, I was wondering where they were going with the series. The island was quickly becoming tiresome.