Bar Karma

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by tomalak301, Mar 6, 2011.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone watching this show on Current TV (Not the easiest channel to find mind you)? I was recommended this show by a Podcast I listen to and I actually like it. It's like a cross between Quantum Leap (Helping people), Cheers (The Bar) and maybe a little dose of the Twilight Zone. This last episode with the brazilian woman might have been the best, but I rewatched the pilot and really gained more respect for it than when I original watched it. Also, the three main characters are pretty good, especially James, the Bartender. It's only a half hour so I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

I think the main sell they've been trying to get across is it's community based. It's an interesting premise of using the internet to come up with show ideas and a show like this won't run out of them. I just hope it doesn't become stupid and they do run the main storyline of the characters, which they actually got back to in this last episode which I appreciated.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seen the first 3, 4 is queued.

I like it.

I adore William Sanderson.

"Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Daryl and this is my other Brother Daryl."

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

He'll always be J.F. Sebastian to me.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I might give it another shot but the first episode did nothing for me on first viewing.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Current TV is only available in the "everything package." No way I can afford that.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's less ground breaking but cute.

There's a formula, but they haven't gotten around to explaining what the hell is going on, which is something that we won't get till the second or third season concludes.

Are they gods, angels, famous or otherwise, saints or something else... 20 thousand year old Bartender? Is that one life or all his lives added together and were they all "human" lives?

Lets talk about the girl...

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

7. tomalak301

Seriously one of the reasons I like the show is because of the girl (Cassie Howorth). Everything about her is great, from the accent to the fashion and they actually did explain why she stays in the bar. Like I said, I'm looking forward to more backstory but what we have so far in 5 episodes, it isn't bad.

8. tomalak301

So did Bar Karma set a record as for having a clip show so early in the show's run? I've been really getting into this season a lot, and last week was a great episode, but figured it set up the finale, and then we get to tonight. People complained about TNG having a clip show, this show in episode 11 not only had a clip show but broke the 4th wall reminding us that it was a community based. I wonder what that dude (was this episode playing a joke on the whole community based writing thing this show has going for it?) did to get on the show, like if he's really an actor or something.

Still looking forward to the finale though, even if tonight's was just a recap of the first season and somewhat a waste of time.

9. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

Amen to that. She is a very beautiful and lovely woman. One of the many finest actresses that the Austrailian Television and Cinema industry has ever produced. Brilliant and outstanding in her work as a thespian, period.