Miracle on 34th Street (1994 Version)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I saw this earlier on TV (1994 version) and it reminded me why I love the hoildays, its such a charming, well written and wonderfully acted movie. Its easily one of my favourite christmas movies of all time, I had such a smile on my face watching this at times. It brings back great memories of childhood and the innocent view of the world that comes with such age. Richard Attenborough was perfect for the part and its got a great supporting cast too but watching it also reminded me of the lack of christmas movies being made these days...I really wish we had more movies like this at christmas being made :(

Anyway I just wanted to do a thread about the film to see if there was any other fans of it ? or what Christmas movies do people like here

Oh and Merry Christmas from Kriss Kringle ;)

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Actually, I've seen a whole lot of Christmas movies being made in the last few years, though most of them are TV movies.

As for the 1994 version of Miracle on 34th Street, I saw it for the first time either last year or the year before. One scene that really stands out is when Bryan proposes to Dorey and she rejects him. That was one of the coldest and most brutal moments I've ever seen on film. :lol:

3. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a serviceable, but wholly unnecessary, remake of a superior movie that already had one serviceable remake before this.

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a good remake, but I don't think it quite has the charm that the original had. It almost seems a bit soulless in some places, and I agree Richard Attenborough was very good in it. In fact, I think he was the best part of it.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

While watching the 1947 version at my grandparents I went "The newer one is good too, it has the guy from Jurassic Park and he does a great job". :lol:

6. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Bryan was an idiot. Up to that point in the movie they never seemed to be anything but good friends. Yeah it was obvious Bryan was carrying a torch for Dorey but there was never any signs that she reciprocated much less had any sort of relationship that would naturally culminate in marriage. At least in the original Fred and Dorey were dating. Bryan didn't even have that much.